• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

what egt temps on M1k?

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Just curious, what temp range are folks shooting for on the M1000's?
I've talked to a few people that seem to be using rather high temps & wondered what others are finding to work well.

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
Just curious, what temp range are folks shooting for on the M1000's?
I've talked to a few people that seem to be using rather high temps & wondered what others are finding to work well.

i placed my egt probe about 2" downstream of the junction of the y-pipe and the single pipe....on most dyno's that corresponds to the highest temp in the system....on a long pull i would get 1360-1370.....after i modded the sled i set the fuel controller to not pull over 1400, and never had any problem there, plug readings supported that temperature as being about as lean as you would want to be (but safe)....for most riding i added a little more fuel so as to be about 1325-1350 so i didn't have to have my eye on it so much...also knowing i could lean it slightly and not burn down.... i could tell i got a bit more performance at the higher temp, but not worth it for most of the time

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
anybody got numbers from a dual egt, I don't think the temps on his reflect what I should be looking for on mine. Just trying to figure out how far is too far.

if you're running dual temps on a single pipe, you should be reading about 50-75 degrees cooler than my single probe setup....your probes should be as far from the cylinder as posssible without picking up heat from the other cylinders manifold, the closer you are to the piston, the less your egt should be, and also the more erratic because of the pulseing that takes place in the exhaust flow

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
It's a good idea to tune to the plugs and use the EGT's as a reference, gauges, probes and probe positions will make for varying temps on the same settup.

Premium Features