• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SKS vs Pro lower body ??

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
Planning on snowchecking a 2016.

Do the lower fenders on these models have two widths like the previous Pro and Assault ??

2011-2015 PRO RMK had a narrow lower fender and the Assault had a wide one. I want the assault for its wide front arms but if it has no cooler I'm leaning towards the SKS ..

I currently have Two Pro RMKs for out west and Two Assault Switchbacks for Michigan.
The wide lowers on the assaults causes a turbulance by your thigh that is fridges to say the least .. weird that the PRO is so much warmer because of this! Me and my wife have the same Mid windshield on all Four so it has been confermed that is the cold issue .. the bars being mounted further back on the PRO has very little effect.

Anyways any clues IF THE SKS is a narrow body as well as ARMS ???

ravenlunatic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2008
Revy- Raven
I had hoped that Polaris would have addressed the knife like edge that runs from the end of the running boards to the bumper, that has always scared the heck out of me!!!

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
I had hoped that Polaris would have addressed the knife like edge that runs from the end of the running boards to the bumper, that has always scared the heck out of me!!!

I haven't experienced that one but wet hands and the edges on top will cause razor like cuts ..

I was referring to the Black plastic that the sidepanels clip down into known as fenders !!

Thanks for at least a little reassurance of one of my dilemmas!!

Now if they would make a 146X2.6 option I can guarantee at least half of the PRO RMK and all of the SKS orders would be checked in that box .. a Assault Switchback with 1.3, 2.0, 2.6 option box would defiantly get the nod by the other half of the people on the fence like I am .

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Now if they would make a 146X2.6 option I can guarantee at least half of the PRO RMK and all of the SKS orders would be checked in that box .. a Assault Switchback with 1.3, 2.0, 2.6 option box would defiantly get the nod by the other half of the people on the fence like I am .

i want a longer 2.6 option, but if a 146 is what you crave, i bet you could fit larger drivers and rear idlers to suck up enough track length would be comparable. not that it would be warrantied at that point but just throwin it out there. the big wheel kits of yesteryear always soaked up track.

Premium Features