• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

low mid or high handle bars

H

Heavy800

Dec 30, 2010
I ordered the sks with the mid hight bars but am second guessing myself. Just curious to what everyone else is ordering. I wish i could of stood on the machine.

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
Does anyone know what the different heights exactly are...what height is equivalent to the 13-15 pro tapers and then are the others higher/shorter than those?

Thanks,
Tracks

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
yeah after hoping around on all of them, Ill be getting the highs for sure, the super low bars are fun for super tech riding but being hunched over the rest of the day is no fun. im 5' 11" so not insanely tall by any means.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
I ordered the mid level bars. I am 6'1" tall but I want the better handling characteristics that you get from lower bars. I have a 1" riser on my 13 Pro with the stock Pro Taper bars that are cut on each side by 5/8" to narrow them up. I do like the higher bar for trail riding when I am standing up. However, I spent a day at Island Park riding with Josh Roth and Tony Jenkins (Rasmussen Riding Style). They made me a believer in lower bars and showed us where the bars should be for each of us. An adjustable bar height option would be nice if it is secure. The Ski Doo that I rode at Island Park had that feature. I used it and it worked although it is cobby looking and I worried that it would come loose in the middle of a technical ascent or sidehill. I may investigate what the aftermarket has in the way of adjustable risers but I don't want to buy new bars too so I may just have to suck it up on the trail and ride hunched over a little bit when I stand up.

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
I ordered mids after hearing that the mids were the same as the previous pro. Now they say the highs are the same. I'm thinking about changing it to highs. Another reason polaris should get some sleds to dealers for us to compare. Kind of irritates me that we have a whole new chassis with all these options, but we can't get a good look at them other than a few sneak peaks around the west. For god's sake, put some in the dealer showrooms!!

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Buy lower rather than higher.

Too low you can easy add a block riser.
Too high and you are buying bars and swapping heaters/new ones.

I'm 6'2" and running 1.5" lower than stock standard pro bars right now.

Any higher and in technical terrain reactionability suffers.

If i am giving a snowboarder a ride i move the adjustable riser up to 2" higher than stock, to give more room in front. (The only way to keep any semblance of control)

W

Wood

Dec 7, 2007
Buy lower rather than higher.

Too low you can easy add a block riser.
Too high and you are buying bars and swapping heaters/new ones.

I'm 6'2" and running 1.5" lower than stock standard pro bars right now.

Any higher and in technical terrain reactionability suffers.

If i am giving a snowboarder a ride i move the adjustable riser up to 2" higher than stock, to give more room in front. (The only way to keep any semblance of control)

Matter of opinion....my back and shoulders can't take low bars. There are more than a few situations where low bars are a detriment. Pick your poison.

So has it been confirmed that high is the same as the 13-15 Pros?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
confirmed in my book. Looked at them in west. The high ones feel the same as all of my pros and the low ones feel the same as my 13 pro with air loc boards that are up 2 inches from stock. The high are the same and minus 1 for mid and minus 2 for low.

Latitude 62

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 29, 2008
Summit Lake, Alaska
I believe the Podcast alludes to the mid being 1 inch lower than the 2015 bar, that would mean the answer is yes, high is the same as the last year's standard bar.

Premium Features