• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rider report on new 800 Axys RMK !

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
This report comes from a sponsored rider that is Not a Polaris rider, so neutral opinion. He rode all 4 manufacturer 2016 sleds for couple days! Lucky SOB... This was a reply he sent me of his experience on the RMK.

2015-03-12 10.15.33.jpg

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I am not even worried. I never really thought the pro was down on power in the bottom or mid range. I have air loc boards on my 13 so I got a pretty good Idea what the raised chassis is going to do for it. Phatty told me they were the bomb except for the shocks which is a given on all the factory sleds. If we got to demo one I might buy my wife one but without I won't pull her off her t3 174. It fixes a lot of her woes except for the part where she lets off the throttle. I can't wait to put my 2.6 poo up against my buddies t3 154. Going to be a long summer. I am going to west to look at them saturday. I am curious to see what they did with the tunnel. I know they raised them 1 3/8" but i am curious if they raised the running boards an extra inch because the tunnel is narrower, seat brace and tank are taller, and the stirrup is different. I see they are also 2 inches longer than the pro.

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Ya I thought it was a really confidence booster conversation. Being I won't get any seat time on one I'll have to rely on reliable sources for input

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Are you going 3 inch? 155 or 163? I am going 2.6 155 but I might change my mind. Until the 163 can spin it on it's tail and come down it's same track I'm not interested. Maybe the new ones can. I don't know. I never thought the belt drive was as big of a difference as some people think. I will make up my mind at west yellowstone.

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
155/2.6" I owned my first 163 this year. Just felt the 155 was more agile in tight situations and could wheelie 155 easier for re entry. 3" track I'm not sold on based on alot of Pro riders report, "too much push in technical situations"

P
Aug 14, 2011
Duluth, MN
I'm going for the 155" 2.6 but my question to those with experience on the belt drive, which would you rather have; belt or chain? Is there any difference in performance? I see the drive is now apart of the bulkhead which means blowing a chain case could be a lot of $$$$.

I like the front heat exchanger and wheels of the sks but that's it. I don't want all the extra weight of electric start. However that could be removed and sold..

Still on the line which to get but Im leaning to the belt drive blacked out pro w/ clickers. There's always scratchers for poor snow conditions.

Wish they just had a pro RMK with front heat exchanger....... Maybe next year

G
Jan 21, 2008
Wabush NL, Canada
I'm going for the 155" 2.6 but my question to those with experience on the belt drive, which would you rather have; belt or chain? Is there any difference in performance? I see the drive is now apart of the bulkhead which means blowing a chain case could be a lot of $$$$.

I like the front heat exchanger and wheels of the sks but that's it. I don't want all the extra weight of electric start. However that could be removed and sold..

Still on the line which to get but Im leaning to the belt drive blacked out pro w/ clickers. There's always scratchers for poor snow conditions.

Wish they just had a pro RMK with front heat exchanger....... Maybe next year

If you snowcheck the SKS, you have the option of getting it without electric start.

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
I think the belt drive has a little more zip to throttle response I noticed, but with chaincase you get all the gearing options you want! Just my 2 cents, I've had both and prefer the belt drive for quicker response but being able to gear down is always nice and gain that zip back with torque.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I havent noticed a difference in responsiveness on a belt drive vs chaincase, but I havent ever compared them side by side. I prefer the quickdrive though, due to its simplicity and the fact that its one less place with fluid, and it makes a track change super quick.

mtncat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2001
Wyoming
DTR has a couple new post up on a 1200 mile AXYS engine, also tested with SSI pipe mod and SLP pipe.

The guy that rode all the 800's back to back and isn't a Polaris rider what
is the sled of choice that he currently rides?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
If you snowcheck the SKS, you have the option of getting it without electric start.

That's a funny thing to hear someone say.
Who knew that we'd be saying the OPPOSITE thing a few years later.

Really glad OEMs are listening to consumer input.

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
DTR has a couple new post up on a 1200 mile AXYS engine, also tested with SSI pipe mod and SLP pipe.

The guy that rode all the 800's back to back and isn't a Polaris rider what
is the sled of choice that he currently rides?

He is a manufacturer sponsored rider, details I can not release but like I said he is not sponsored by Polaris. He was very very considerate to all other sleds just stated if he wasn't with his sponsor he would love to ride the Axys in the mountains, said he really enjoyed all aspects of the sled.
I only post this because I was lucky enough to know the guy and was very curious how they rode since I snow checked one and won't be able to demo one. His experience made it very reassuring of my new sled! Sounds like it will be all and more of what I'm hoping!

mtncat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2001
Wyoming
Look forward to getting one also, Best way to figure out if all the hype is true is to own one. It will be interesting as this will be my first Poo.
Only problem is the travel time to a good dealer.

Premium Features