• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 700 CFI - MTX weights?

SAWYER

Lifetime Membership
Jan 12, 2006
Kingston Idaho
Mine seem to work good. Call SLP and give them some info and they will tell you what you need to run

I

IceCap

Nov 27, 2007
B.C.
I like mine on the 03 800 RMK .......... But didn't like them as much on the 900RMK. They have a smoother lower speed engagement.
The only down side I see to these weights is the tip surface area is a lot narrower than stock and this is harder on the clutch rollers.
On my 900 the one weight destroyed the roller and jammed the clutch (would not disengage)

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
The heavy heel type weights are to prevent belt slipping on higher torque high hp sleds. Mostly upon engagement and lower rpm. I ran them on an 03 800 as well with good results. And I also agree that the narrow tip design made me alittle nervous.
My new 800 is getting Heel Clickers. Randy has a new design that is just a plug and play with adjustments in the heel and in the center of the weight. Plus a wider contact surface to the rollers. Claiming 12 more HP to the track on the 800.
http://www.supertorquer.com/

G

GONRIDIN

Yes, they were worth it for me. 62 MTx with a 2 gram in the tip for 6-9000ft. I would pull my brothers by about a sled length. Identical sleds and same size rider. They are easier to tune than the Heel clicker from my experiance.

Premium Features