• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Questions on set up for Axys Pro RMK

B
Feb 14, 2015
WI, UP
Hello Everyone,

Im looking to snow check a new Axys Pro 800HO 2.6" w/ the 155 and 4 yr warranty.. I have the color (blacked out), track length/ lug height I want figured out.

Bar Height:
My first question is on the bar height (low, mid, high) I know they are 5", 6" and 7" respectively.. I just don't know what to base that off of.. A point of reference that would be helpful to me is the riser height on a 13 ski doo summit sp 800 xm, I've looked around but cant find that height (I would measure myself, but there is about 7,000 miles in between me and my sled and a whole lot of people that don't like me along the way). Im 6'1", my guess is the mid height.. I wouldn't mind knocking about an inch off the height I was riding at. Any feedback would be extremely helpful.

Shocks:
My second question is on the shocks/suspension type and set up. Im 6'1" 212-215 in gym clothes so I'd guess around 230-235 in gear, helmet and backpack. I was thinking about upgrading to the WE clicker shocks, I'm wondering if its worth the $400 upgrade, and how someone my size should set them (clickers or stock, experience, tips and tricks.. I'll take any knowledge anyone has).. I do a lot of boondocking, tree riding and some hillclimbing (I value my sled being nimble over straight climbs)

Exhaust:
The one thing on the sled I'm not overly excited about is the suitcase sized silencer (I understand its for EPA regulations and stuff, it reminds me too much of the stock one doo shoves in for the etecs) I'm wondering if anybody that ran an Axys short track with the 800HO last year switched out the suitcase and how it worked (what you ran, what worked, what I should steer clear of). I want my sled to stay within noise regs (88db @ 50ft @ 4,000 RPM) but like a bit more snort out of my exhaust, weight savings and possibly any snap I can gain by switching that out. Also what would be allowed and still have warranty coverage, that's worth more to me than weight loss and sound.

Snowcheck Warranty:
Any info on how that works would be awesome (rebuilds.. is it milage based, or do I need to smoke the motor?, how the coverage works, the fine print, modifications allowed). I know this one might be worth talking to a dealer about, but figure since I have you here, its worth a shot.

I've always went back and forth between doo and poo since I was a tike, depending on what they have going, I picked up the Summit in late 13 thinking the tmotion might be something special, Played on my buddy's 2012 Pro in 14 and regretted my life choices for being on a doo.. It looks like polaris really might be onto something here with this Axys.

Thank you for your time and in advance for the feedback.

-Blackspade

Last edited:

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Hello Everyone,

Im looking to snow check a new Axys Pro 800HO 2.6" w/ the 155 and 4 yr warranty.. I have the color (blacked out), track length/ lug height I want figured out.

Bar Height:
My first question is on the bar height (low, mid, high) I know they are 5", 6" and 7" respectively.. I just don't know what to base that off of.. A point of reference that would be helpful to me is the riser height on a 13 ski doo summit sp 800 xm, I've looked around but cant find that height (I would measure myself, but there is about 7,000 miles in between me and my sled and a whole lot of people that don't like me along the way). Im 6'1", my guess is the mid height.. I wouldn't mind knocking about an inch off the height I was riding at. Any feedback would be extremely helpful.

Shocks:
My second question is on the shocks/suspension type and set up. Im 6'1" 212-215 in gym clothes so I'd guess around 230-235 in gear, helmet and backpack. I was thinking about upgrading to the WE clicker shocks, I'm wondering if its worth the $400 upgrade, and how someone my size should set them (clickers or stock, experience, tips and tricks.. I'll take any knowledge anyone has).. I do a lot of boondocking, tree riding and some hillclimbing (I value my sled being nimble over straight climbs)

Exhaust:
The one thing on the sled I'm not overly excited about is the suitcase sized silencer (I understand its for EPA regulations and stuff, it reminds me too much of the stock one doo shoves in for the etecs) I'm wondering if anybody that ran an Axys short track with the 800HO last year switched out the suitcase and how it worked (what you ran, what worked, what I should steer clear of). I want my sled to stay within noise regs (88db @ 50ft @ 4,000 RPM) but like a bit more snort out of my exhaust, weight savings and possibly any snap I can gain by switching that out. Also what would be allowed and still have warranty coverage, that's worth more to me than weight loss and sound.

Snowcheck Warranty:
Any info on how that works would be awesome (rebuilds.. is it milage based, or do I need to smoke the motor?, how the coverage works, the fine print, modifications allowed). I know this one might be worth talking to a dealer about, but figure since I have you here, its worth a shot.

I've always went back and forth between doo and poo since I was a tike, depending on what they have going, I picked up the Summit in late 13 thinking the tmotion might be something special, Played on my buddy's 2012 Pro in 14 and regretted my life choices for being on a doo.. It looks like polaris really might be onto something here with this Axys.

Thank you for your time and in advance for the feedback.

-Blackspade

Sounds like you and I have a lot of the same questions. I marked the high bars on my snowcheck to get quotes, but I think I will change it to mid height (I'm about 5-11, but am used to high bars and like it on my old edge)

Shocks-This is something I'm asking every dealer I talk to (Sent my build to 12 shops to get quotes). So far of the two I've talked to both said if you plan on doing much jumping or ditch banging, the clickers are worth the 400 dollar upgrade.

Exhaust-SLP claims a 9 hp bump in power with their exhaust. I'm not sure if I'm going to go that route or save some money and just get a can and lose like 15 lbs. If the claims are real (and everyone says they are) I might have to spring for the SLP setup.

Warranty- I need to talk to a dealer about that as well.

B
Feb 14, 2015
WI, UP
It does sound like we're in the same boat.. I was looking at going with the clickers, nothing slednecks worthy, but I do like to see if I can make my sled fly from time to time.. The price makes it seem worth it. I'm with you on the exhaust, The full setup is pretty spendy, I'll probably start with the can and go from there, but if that 9hp is legit though, sign me up.

Excalibur

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2011
Lewiston, ID
Keep in mind that is for the full exhaust on the Switchback/Rush. They have not released numbers for the Axys RMK PRO yet, the can only for the Rush/Switchback is listed as: This silencer adds an additional 2 horsepower and reduces weight by 10 pounds. The weight savings is still worth it!!!!:face-icon-small-coo

Last edited:

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I still don't believe that any silencer/can is adding HP. I've gone with HPS for the last several Polaris sleds I have. Small, light and good sound but not as obnoxious as some of the others.

There is a good thread in the Axys section on the shocks already so I'll leave that one alone.

The bars is a mystery to most. But here is something I saw. I noticed that the '15 Terrain Dominator sled has the low bars and that they are black in color. If you do the medium level bars in the snow check for the Axys, they are black and others are not. Maybe that is nothing but I'm wondering if the low bars are lower than the TD bars as well as being lower than the Burandt and Dan Adams bars. Hopefully someone can confirm if I'm wrong or right here.

The one thing I would say about warranty is that I've never used a warranty on a Polaris for a motor! That's right, even though you might be led to believe that all us Polaris guys are losing motors left and right, it hasn't happened to me. But...that four year warranty helps sell the sled. So many guys won't buy a Polaris unless there is a warranty attached. Used, many sleds are selling for $7k-$10k now and nobody wants to lose their arse.

B
Feb 14, 2015
WI, UP
I still don't believe that any silencer/can is adding HP. I've gone with HPS for the last several Polaris sleds I have. Small, light and good sound but not as obnoxious as some of the others.

There is a good thread in the Axys section on the shocks already so I'll leave that one alone.

The bars is a mystery to most. But here is something I saw. I noticed that the '15 Terrain Dominator sled has the low bars and that they are black in color. If you do the medium level bars in the snow check for the Axys, they are black and others are not. Maybe that is nothing but I'm wondering if the low bars are lower than the TD bars as well as being lower than the Burandt and Dan Adams bars. Hopefully someone can confirm if I'm wrong or right here.

The one thing I would say about warranty is that I've never used a warranty on a Polaris for a motor! That's right, even though you might be led to believe that all us Polaris guys are losing motors left and right, it hasn't happened to me. But...that four year warranty helps sell the sled. So many guys won't buy a Polaris unless there is a warranty attached. Used, many sleds are selling for $7k-$10k now and nobody wants to lose their arse.

Thank you very much for the knowledge. I've heard both ways on exhaust adding HP, weight savings I can believe.. The high HP gains though, I don't understand where it would come from.. Maybe it would let it breath a bit better, I can see maybe gaining some snap.. the HP I'm a bit skeptical about, but I don't design motors so I could be wrong.

I'll find the thread on the shocks.

That's a good call on the handlebars. I'll probably go with the mid's.. From there they'll either be good, I'll learn to adjust to riding with a different height or worst case buy a new set.. I'm out of the game this winter anyways, I'll need to knock the cob webs off regardless when the snow flies next round, so I can "re-learn" with new bars if it comes down to it.

On the warranty.. I wouldn't be looking to dump this much vacation money into a sled if I thought it was going to be an issue.. Of my 4 friends that run Pro's (various model years), I cant think of any problems they've had while we've been out except a clutch belt and an A-arm that tried to fight a tree, but that happens regardless of the brand.. Its just a reassuring plan B "Plan for the worst, Hope for the best".. Thank you for the confidence boost on it though!

Thank you again

B
Feb 14, 2015
WI, UP
A little update.. I snowchecked that PRO RMK.. I went with the 800HO 155 W/ the 2.6" All blacked out, pull start, WE clickers, a kill tether and I picked the mid height bars.. I went through a dealership that I've worked with before and got a really good deal.. way below the "Build Cost" on the Poo website.. I guess I have another reason to be excited or this fall now.

I have never snowchecked before this.. Does anyone have any experience on about when the sleds show up?

Excalibur

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2011
Lewiston, ID
Looks like a great snowcheck! Sleds usually show up in October. Mine have been early to middle part of the month. Have heard of other areas getting them sooner. It is going to be a long summer wait, hopefully some early snowpack!:face-icon-small-coo

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Finalized my snowcheck yesterday and taking in my check today. I did an all blacked out pro 163x2.6. I ended up going with the medium rise bars. It's said that the mid rise are the same height as the standard 2015 bars. I figured worst case scenario, I'll add a 1" riser to them. Not a big deal. I went standard shocks because I wasn't totally sold on the clickers and didn't have an extra 400 dollars to spend to find out if they were worth it. That coupled with the fact that I would rather ride than constantly mess with shocks, made me go standard.

I ended up paying 14135 out the door with
4 year warranty-no gauge
extra drive belt and quick drive belt
cover
ultimate front and extreme rear bumpers
small burandt tunnel bag

All in all I'm excited for october. I'm coming off of a 2004 so this is a big jump for me. Also first time snowchecking. Do we get updates throughout the summer on where our snowcheck is?

A note to those wanting bumpers. I told the dealer to order the bumpers and all accessories separate. I think if they put them on at the factory, you don't get the stock stuff. I figured might as well get the stock stuff too. If nothing else you can get a little money selling the stuff.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I am Betting that you have to put the accessories on or pay your dealer. That is what happened in 13 when I snowchecked one. I put the bumper on and the defrost bag. Not a big deal.

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
I am Betting that you have to put the accessories on or pay your dealer. That is what happened in 13 when I snowchecked one. I put the bumper on and the defrost bag. Not a big deal.

I'm guessing my dealer will take care of it but if not I have no problem putting them on myself. I would rather do that and still have the stock stuff

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
The stock stuff being removed for optional items is still your stuff, you paid for it. If the dealer keeps it, you should get some $$$ for it.

B
Feb 14, 2015
WI, UP
Thanks! It definitely will be! On the bright side I should get home just in time to go pick it up.

I finalized mine the other day and my Dad should be dropping my check off and signing the build sheet for me in the next day or so. I figured I'd give the clickers a shot to see how they work.

That is quite the jump! My Dad finally smoked his 96 RMK at the end of last year.. He's looking at getting ahold of an 11-15 PRO.. I'm thinking he's gonna be in a similar boat!

It's looking like I might have next winter off, I might be living out of my truck, chasing the snow. I hope next winter is better than I've heard this one has been back home!

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Just keep in mind also that the extra stuff u ordered like bumpers, the dealer may charge u labor to install. They wanted $47 to install a skid plate on my snowcheck. Ha..no thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Just keep in mind also that the extra stuff u ordered like bumpers, the dealer may charge u labor to install. They wanted $47 to install a skid plate on my snowcheck. Ha..no thanks

I prefer to pick up my sleds in the crate and not have their minimum wage flunkies touch my stuff. They rarely do what the paperwork instructs them to do as far as sled setup / pre-delivery prep. anyway. I prefer to do it all myself and avoid future problems from their incompetence.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Great point. They're also trying to charge an additional $150 setup fee...I haven't sign anything myself so that is my plan of action also. :)

ripnit

Lifetime Membership
Mar 9, 2009
Chilly Id/Iowa Falls Ia
I prefer to pick up my sleds in the crate and not have their minimum wage flunkies touch my stuff. They rarely do what the paperwork instructs them to do as far as sled setup / pre-delivery prep. anyway. I prefer to do it all myself and avoid future problems from their incompetence.
Correct me if I'm wrong but does'nt that void the warranty?

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Correct me if I'm wrong but does'nt that void the warranty?

I don't know, I could care less about the warranty. My closest dealers are about 300 miles away, in opposite directions, so the sled never goes back to the dealer anyway, regardless.

Premium Features