• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

axys tunnel

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
For those that have seen them or rode them what is going on with the tunnel? Obviously they straightened it out because it looks narrower from the top to running boards. In the pod cast they said everything was up 1 3/8 of an inch. Did they bring the
.top of tunnel down is the front of the board up higher than 1 3/8 because it looks way shorter than the pro. Also the seat post is way taller. Just wondering what is going on here.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
the boards were moved up, the tunnel is now a straight tapper, the seat is shorter and I think thats why the seat support is longer. Eric

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I see the straight taper but it looks way narrower by front mount and they said everything was up 1 3/8. I guess what I'm wondering is if they moved the boards up an extra inch or so and that is why the tank is taller and so is the seat brace.

N

nort10

Oct 8, 2010
Lolo, MT
I don't have the answer to your question, but also from what Scott sent us (see attachment) it says powder coated tunnel but when you do a snow check the build says painted tunnel. anyone know which one it is?

attachment.jpg

Griff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
There obviously is more clearance to accommodate the 3 inch, but how much more?

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I see the straight taper but it looks way narrower by front mount and they said everything was up 1 3/8. I guess what I'm wondering is if they moved the boards up an extra inch or so and that is why the tank is taller and so is the seat brace.

Tank is new, seat is the same, rear suspension is dropped out (down ~1 3/8"), guessing it's an optical illusion, but it looks good!

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
It might be optical but the tunnel sure looks about 1 inch shallower up front. I know it is shallower in the back. I just figured they cheated the front up like my air locs and that was why the seat brace and tank needed to be taller to give the same ergos.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Seems shorter to me too.

The PRO-RIDE front skid bolt hole is 2.75" up from the running board.

Subtract the 1-3/8" from that ... and you come up with the new bolt location, IF the tunnels are the same, of 1-3/8" up from the running board... It looks LESS than that.. which would lead me to believe that the running boards are up a bit higher and the tunnnel sides shallower on the AXYS compared to the PRO-RIDE.

4208_1600.jpg

y6edunas.jpg

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Yea... It's different alright!

Looks like the seat support at the rear on the AXYS is taller as well...if the boards are up a bit... then the seat/tank would need to be taller
to give the same relative position in relationship to the boards.... This puts the fuel-weight up higher... and raises the CG of the sled.

Looks like more than just the suspensions are raised.:face-icon-small-win:face-icon-small-win

Last edited:

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Thanks mh, that I what I was getting at. I was thinking the boards had to come up an inch over the 1 3/8 because the seat brace and tank are taller.

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
I think you guys are over thinking it. Top of the tunnel axys vs pro ride is the same, buttom is ~1.375" up. That's all.

Shorter tunnel gives the appearance of a taller tank and seat post.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
If it was the same length then why is the stirrup moved up. The length looks the same but they swapped it with lower bolt hole. every picture I've seen the tank and seat bracket are taller. This tells me the running boards are probably an inch taller besides the 1 3/8 they came up with the whole chassis.

Premium Features