• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Does electric start have pull rope?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Just wanting to make sure they didn't do a way with the pull rope, like doo, if you order it with electric start. I want to put a light weight battery on and they aren't the most reliable in the cold. Figured I could pull the rope once and be good the rest of the day if I had to.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Every RMK I've seen so far does offer a rope. I think the answer for 16 is yes.

FWIW, I've ran a 2014 (improved from 2013) EarthX 36C this year, and it has never stumbled once. Lowest stone cold overnight start was a legit -15F in a trailer, and I did not have to cycle it to get it to power up (Li bat technique). Good so far. And I swear I can fee the difference on the mag side, but it might just be my wallet being lighter, too. As I said, totally pleased with it this year.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
C'mon, this isn't a doo! On the flip side I wish Polaris would do an e-start like Doo. The Doo's have the starter ring and you can add e-start anytime. The Polaris requires an e-start clutch - $$$

Premium Features