• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 M1000 Three Tower Clutching.

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
Has anyone had time to figure out the new primary clutch on the 08? I have everything done but my clutch work. A lot has been done on the 07 but I haven’t had time (or snow) to see how it is going to work.

B

boosted1

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
clutching

I have a 162" 2008 snopro, I have added the Dalton Adjustable weights for the primary (they are a must have) I have a can and 83.8g of primary weight
and left the secondary alone. (I ride 5000-7000ft)
I rode the exact machine with a 45 degree ramp secondary setup and a lighter primary weight, and i cannot tell the difference. actually pulling a hill last friday I beat him by a sled length.
all this talk about the bad secondary I just dont see or feel it!

rear suspension, I like a light nose, I cranked up the front shock with the front straps out all the way.

I have about 100miles on the unit with this setup, hope this helps, I love the sled....these 1000's simply rock.

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
Unless you ride high elevation the primary definately needs weight. I rode mine (stock) sat. from 4-6k and I was over-reving by about 300 rpm. No pull on the top end at all.

I ride from 7000 to 10000 feet. What weight do you have in?

B

boosted1

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
I ride from 7000 to 10000 feet. What weight do you have in?

Skinner, if you buy the adjustable Dalton weights start with a base of 80g when you get up to elevation start adding weight until she runs in the sweet spot of 7200rpm
it take 3mins to remove the side panel and clutch cover and 2 mins to add or subract weight, once you install the weights, you adjust your gramage with the weights in the clutch, never have to remove the weights again!
I would guess you could run 82g at 8000ft if you have a can, if you are bone stock, probably keep the base weight of 80g.
hope this helps

B

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
Thanks Boosted1. That sounds like a good way to dial it in. Would you just leave the stock springs in? I'm only going to put a can,Y-pipe, box, & a small airbox mod.

Last edited:
B

boosted1

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Thanks Boosted1. That sounds like a good way to dial it in. Would you just leave the stock springs in? I'm only going to put a can,Y-pipe, box, & a small airbox mod.

Skinner,
I normally leave the springs alone, the Snopro has a titanium primary spring, they have a long life span.
I would like to do all those mods as well but I dont want to play with that dreaded BD box, this sled is my pull the cord and rip sled, I have a Synergy Turbo Apex thats my tinker sled.
I do plan to run a Y pipe with a can and no fuel modifications, was told i should have no problems.
When you add the mods, let me know if the sled still is as snappy and playful as it is with the stock fuel mapping.

Thanks,
B

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
Skinner,
I normally leave the springs alone, the Snopro has a titanium primary spring, they have a long life span.
I would like to do all those mods as well but I dont want to play with that dreaded BD box, this sled is my pull the cord and rip sled, I have a Synergy Turbo Apex thats my tinker sled.
I do plan to run a Y pipe with a can and no fuel modifications, was told i should have no problems.
When you add the mods, let me know if the sled still is as snappy and playful as it is with the stock fuel mapping.

Thanks,
B

Will do!!

R
Dec 2, 2001
Spokane WA
Good thread! I agree with all. For a "hyper" stocker I would not stray too far with the clutching except for the adjustable weights in the primary. I am running stock for now and have 80g. I was wrong on my earlier post. I am about 500 rpms high not 300. I wish those weights would show up in the mail!

Premium Features