• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Will there be a front cooler option for the axys????

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
I have two 15's with the front cooler and two 12's with out. I'm going to buy a new sled a year just to keep fleet updated. Do u think they will have a cooler option? If not I might pick up a 15 std for the deals that are out there.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
They did in 11, the first year of the pro, if that's any indication. Given the increased popularity of the RMK in 15, it's likely a yes, and they already have the routing to a front cooler figured out from the Axys Rush. I would also bet the odds are high they'll offer the 600 Axys RMK, too. But, they may also position the Axys RMK as just the 'flickable - instaneous lift - rider balanced - terrain dominator" without a non-burandt approved front cooler. Only a few days and you'll find out for sure.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Wouldn't it be nice that instead of 40,000 color combinations you could mix and match some options that count such as coolers and belt drive.

Yup, cooler options. Track options, shock options and bars options.

I still like the colors. Im prob not getting le paint again, my matte sides are good but the gloss hood is crap. But would like a painted tunnel and rails for sure.

Excalibur

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2011
Lewiston, ID
They did in 11, the first year of the pro, if that's any indication. Given the increased popularity of the RMK in 15, it's likely a yes, and they already have the routing to a front cooler figured out from the Axys Rush. I would also bet the odds are high they'll offer the 600 Axys RMK, too. But, they may also position the Axys RMK as just the 'flickable - instaneous lift - rider balanced - terrain dominator" without a non-burandt approved front cooler. Only a few days and you'll find out for sure.

The PROs have NOT had a front cooler option. The 11s thru the 2015. The only cooler option has been to get the RMK. When they introduced the PRO in 2011 the 600 was not available. It was only in the 800. 2012 was the first year for the PRO 600. It would be a great option the cooler and a Axys PRO 600. We find out next week!:face-icon-small-coo

Last edited:
M

moex

Jan 21, 2008
Just in case Polaris is listening, make the cooler an option please!

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
The PROs have NOT had a front cooler option. The 11s thru the 2015. The only cooler option has been to get the RMK. When they introduced the PRO in 2011 the 600 was not available. It was only in the 800. 2012 was the first year for the PRO 600. It would be a great option the cooler and a Axys PRO 600. We find out next week!:face-icon-small-coo

I used the term "RMK" on purpose - the 11 RMK in the Pro chassis was offered in 2011. I owned a Pro in 11, not a RMK, but I know the difference well. Never said the 600 came out in 11, in 11 it was still the IQ chassis, but since the 600 case already exists for the 15 Axys, it should be pretty easy for a 600 Axys in 16. End of rant.

Last edited:

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
I'd be willing to bet no.

All the average joes that buy these sleds don't even know the difference. The added manufacturing cost of the RMK vs the Pro is pretty big for not much benefit.

I see the standard RMK and the new "pro" or whatever they call it, utilizing the same cooling system, wire harness, and controls. Whereas in the past these were all different from standard to pro and that really yielded no benefit to polaris.

I'd like them to keep it the same and use that decreased "manufacturing cost" to offer more options for things that people care about - shocks, tracks, bars, bumpers, etc. Just like the other manufactures are doing.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
^ Very much agreed. The only reason it is even discussed is because it's offered 2 ways. If that went away, things would just sort themselves out.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Anyone added a center cooler at the back? Cant see it being as good as the bulkhead cooler but does it keep temps down in minimal snow conditions?

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
Anyone added a center cooler at the back? Cant see it being as good as the bulkhead cooler but does it keep temps down in minimal snow conditions?

I called Van Amburg 2 days ago to see if the had the cooler in stock that is on their website. So far no return call.

After riding a lot of this winter in hard, frozen white concrete I really would like to try the rear center cooler. I also called Power Addiction Racing, who also makes one, and they are sold out for the year.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Interesting conversation. First, I'm surprised on how many people would want a front cooler. Living in Colorado I just don't need it with the ice scratchers. There are low snow, hard pack days when it gets warmer, but we tend to find snow at some point. Maybe others have different riding styles and/or conditions.

That being said, I know a couple friends that have Doo T3's are having over heating issues. Doo shortened the cooler to reduce weight and now the T3 track apparently isn't getting snow into the cooler. I haven't decided if I'll go with the 3" track or not but that is a concern.

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
So what temperature is cause for concern? Maybe I'm just being paranoid? I start piling snow on the tunnel any time I see it above 150*.

At what temp do you stop and pile some snow on the tunnel to cool it off?

At what temp does the Temp Light come on steady?

At what temp does the Temp light start flashing?

There are times when you are slowly winding your way through the trees or up a narrow ravine with your group and there is no where to get off a well beaten single wide track to get some loose snow for cooling.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
^^I don't know the for sure answer, but I too start to be concerned at about 145-150. I've ridden up to 160. But I usually pull over and kick snow into the skid.

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
I've ridden with a lot of Pro's this year, every time they hit the 150-160 area, I'm still under 130 on my 15 RMK LE. The front cooler really is that awesome. I ride in Michigan mostly where the minimal trail riding I do is groomed hardpack trail, I also ride a lot of roads to get back in the woods and scratchers just don't cut it on a pro, where my front coolered RMK does it without a problem. I would like to see front coolers across the board in their lineup but it's not going to happen.

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Until u ride a pro with a front cooler u won't get it. The pro starts to retard timing when temps go over 130 with the front cooler that never happens!!! Ever flip your pro up on the side while riding? The front of the bulk head is full of ice and snow on a pro if u have a std the cooler is clear so there is no weight advantage to have a pro vs std in this case.

You can have the same wiring , same chassis, same everything else except the cooler option. It would not be that hard. As far as shock choices and other options I can change to the shocks I want a lot easier then add a cooler.

What other manufacture is letting people choose bars,shocks,bumpers ect.? Last year is the first I've heard of a sled maker giving a bar choice and it was poo? I care about a cool running sled more than I care about what bumper I have and from the response here I'm not alone!!!

Premium Features