• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 M1000 , are they rich enough

A
Nov 26, 2007
I was wondering if the 08 m1000's are rich enough to run a D-D y-pipe and can at elevations from 2000 - 8000 ft or should I put in the D-D fuel regulator in to be safe? Don't really want to run the BD box.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
need to run some kind of fuel management system(BD box) or get a fuel pressure regulator and talk to a dealer about how much pressure to run on the 07 they ran 53psi fuel with that type of set up unknown on the 08

M
Nov 27, 2007
there is a return line, you essentially allow less back into the tank with a regulator.

My 07 m1k doesnt have a return line or at least i did not see it. AC regulator is on the pump so no matter where you place a restriction theAC preset regulator controls system pressure. By adding a restriction in the fuel line you could give less fuel but i dont see how you can get more unless the regulator you add replaces the stock one on the pump and ups the pressure. Maybe i am not seeing something here or just dont get it . Any explaination would be appreciated.

D

ddbigcat

Nov 26, 2007
alberta
5000 feet and above with 91-92 octane fuel you will be fine. If starting at lower elavations then blip the throttle on and off (no constant rpm for a long distance. Running the regulator at high elevations will cause the bottom end to be rich and slugish since the regulator richens fuel at all rpms. we have installed lots of these on 07 and 08 sleds with no problems. any other mods would require the control box.

A
Nov 26, 2007
I do ride between 2000-3000 quite a bit , how would the top end be as far as it being safe? Also does the y make that much difference , maybe I shouldn't use it.

Premium Features