• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AXYS 800ho is NICE!!

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
So this morning I got a chance to take a ride on a Switchback 800ho Pro-X. It was a 136" sled but at least I got to see what the new 800ho was all about.

I'm a guy that has been extremely loyal to the Switchback and RMK 900's. I still own them but today after feeling what that new 800ho felt like, I was extremely impressed. It pulled nice in the low, mid and high ranges. After riding this sled I will end up selling my 900 and snowchecking a 2016 Switchback 144.

I have done a lot of things to my 900 Switchback. IndyDan's TM1 crank, slp performance package, fire n ice air intake and a lot of other things to shed some weight but getting on a stock 800ho and have it feeling like one of my 900's tipped the scales for me.

I know the 136 is a whole different animal but hopefully it still feels the same with the longer skid. I know the motor will be nice and once after market catches up with the new AXYS it will be even more fun.

Last edited:

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
121" switchback ????

So this morning I got a chance to take a ride on a Switchback 800ho Pro-X. It was a 121" sled but at least I got to see what the new 800ho was all about.

I thought the Switchbacks were 137"

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
DJ,
U for real snow checking one then? I am for sure. Been selling off extra parts like crazy to pay for it. Can't even dump a sled right now cause the pros are being given away. Lol.
But I'll be in line in a few weeks throwing money at Polaris to bring one my way. Pretty dam stoked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luvinit

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Sask,Canada
Quido, if you are officially leaving the 900 behind, I want to thank you for all you shared over the years, I had the 900 for 4 years and you help carry me thru some tough times, and helped make it the best sled I,ve owned. But when I went to the 2011 Pro I realized it was time, I,m sure you,ll say the same.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Luvinit

I thank u very much for the kind words!! As of right now i still have (3) 900s in my garage. Hoping to sell 1..the other 2 have too much $ invested so I think I'll be buried with those ones lol. But I do have a feeling they will get neglected often next year lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features