• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How long until the aftermarket kicks in?

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
I was still riding shorties when the 11 Pro came out so this is new to me. How long typically does it take for aftermarket companies to start making parts for a new chassis? A arms, rails, exhaust, bumpers, chassis improvements? Will we see most of them by the time the snow flies? Thanks.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
the stuff that is more of drop in replacements are usually not far behind the first sleds showing up at dealers.

The parts like turbos and stuff can take a little longer as guys have been building boosted axys's and such, but nailing finalized stuff down and going into production is more involved then say a-arms or rails. midway through the first season there is a good spread of parts, start of second season on a chassis is when the masses start to hit.

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
www.alternativeimpact.com
I was still riding shorties when the 11 Pro came out so this is new to me. How long typically does it take for aftermarket companies to start making parts for a new chassis? A arms, rails, exhaust, bumpers, chassis improvements? Will we see most of them by the time the snow flies? Thanks.
Not much of a demand at this point I realize but just an FYI we do have Axys a arm kits available now.
Dan

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
Not much of a demand at this point I realize but just an FYI we do have Axys a arm kits available now.
Dan

Sweet! I know I'm jumping the gun but I have a golden ticket only good for a pro or an assault. Right now I have a 15 rmk std and would like to stick with a chaincase. Maybe an assault rmk with a set of 39" a arms is in my future? Can't wait to see the full lineup march 2nd!

J

jhurkot

Nov 26, 2007
Revelstoke, BC
Dan

Dan, do you know the shock length on the axys? Also how much lighter will the Ti be over those new style OE a-arms?

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Considering the 800 ho was released in 15, you should be able to buy things like an exhaust right now...before you can even buy the sled

SLP is currently working on exhaust systems & their performance stage kits for the 800HO RMKs. They do have an exhaust out now for the 2015 800HO equipped sleds now.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I don't think those arms will fit the new Axys RMK because the shorty Axys and the rmk chassis do not have the same front end.

Umm its the same bulkhead.........

Hence the reason they are in the same section........

Unlike the stupid xm/xp section where plastics separate two groups that could help each other.
It's racist!!!!! Lol

Last edited:

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
At the unveiling in West Yellowstone I head the the Head Engineer answering questions; at that time I understood that the bulkhead mounting point is the same but not only are the A arms a different length but they also have a different geometry.

That would lead me to believe that the companies producing A arms based on the Axys from this year will not correctly fit the Axys RMK for 2016.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
At the unveiling in West Yellowstone I head the the Head Engineer answering questions; at that time I understood that the bulkhead mounting point is the same but not only are the A arms a different length but they also have a different geometry.

That would lead me to believe that the companies producing A arms based on the Axys from this year will not correctly fit the Axys RMK for 2016.

They will fit.
Just have the trail sled geometry, maybe. Depends on what target geometry the arms were built for.....
The pro rmk and pro R have different geometry also, but bolt up just fine.

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
www.alternativeimpact.com
Dan, do you know the shock length on the axys? Also how much lighter will the Ti be over those new style OE a-arms?

As far as weight savings not sure on that for now. Front ski shocks and center shock are same length as 2015. Rear track shock is a different length. A arms are obviously different but geom is the same. There is no difference between the trail and mountain sled as far as geom other than ski stance. Thank you.
Dan

Last edited:
Premium Features