• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

whats your favorite type of riding ?

T
Nov 26, 2007
oconomowoc,wi
i like to play in the woods,fields and smaller style hills.i still havent got the kuhunas to do huge pulls and wonder if i will be able to turn out at the top without completely wrecking my sled when it tumbles to the bottom.dont get me wrong,i climb some good size hills but not like the ones you see the guys doing in the movies now days.is that something that just takes time or is it something else?---jim

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
I dont care, any day of riding is better than sittin at home. But if i had to chose it would be in 2-4' of powder with big hills, a couple drops, a few tree's to dodge, yeah that would be nice. That and all your riding buddies swappin highmarks and talking trash makes a hell for a hell of a day.

Last edited:
F
Nov 26, 2007
Shuswap
Nothing beats the mountains! You get to ride the trail in, boondock in the meadows, climb the steeps and drop off cornices! Oh........a mess of fresh powder is a must.

A

AKboondocker

Feb 4, 2006
Wasilla, Alaska
i like to play in the woods,fields and smaller style hills.i still havent got the kuhunas to do huge pulls and wonder if i will be able to turn out at the top without completely wrecking my sled when it tumbles to the bottom.dont get me wrong,i climb some good size hills but not like the ones you see the guys doing in the movies now days.is that something that just takes time or is it something else?---jim

Those guys in the hillclimb vids usually have a helicopter take them and thier sleds back down to the bottom.

Riding style for me is medium to deep pow, tight tree hillclimbing, sidehilling, jumping, cornice dropping etc. I like to put a little finesse into it.

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
at the moment ANYTHING! hek ill take just starting my sled...we dont have crap for snow yet...we need some BAD! when we do get it i like climbing alot but baisically anything that involves me and a sled...

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Deep powder in the trees slightly up hill. The best of all worlds.

I dont care, any day of riding is better than sittin at home. But if i had to chose it would be in 2-4' of powder with big hills, a couple drops, a few tree's to dodge, yeah that would be nice. That and all your riding buddies swappin highmarks and talking trash makes a hell for a hell of a day.

That about sums it up here!

but right now I would settle for anything sled related!

H

Highmarker

Nov 20, 2004
In the west!
I like spring riding. Temperature is hot enough that the snow softens up a bit and you can ride in a t-shirt...Love that. Them deep powder day are great too but getting unstuck is never any fun.

Skidoox600

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
2-4' of powder, big open meadows. Cornice drops into 6' of powder. Jumping rocks (without damage). Some hills nothing to big, coming down is scary part. In the trees with your buddy's as deep as it can get, seeing who can go further making there own path. Keeps you on your toes picking your lines and not letting of gas at the same time. POWDER!!!

stripe

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2003
selah wa
Deep powder Boondockin thru the tight tree hillclimbing, sidehilling, jumping, cornice dropping.

Premium Features