• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Demo rides?

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
Any know if they will be doing any demo rides for the new axys?

I grew up on Polaris. 2004 I switched to doo. Went to a 2011 pro and still with poo. Biggest reason I switched was the demo rides they offered in 2010.

Not sure if staying with poo or trying some T3 action next year. Hoping to stay poo, but would love a demo ride to make my decision.

2dedge

Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2011
I also am a huge fan of the demo ride and wish they would bring them back. Here on the east coast!!!!!

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Hey Polaris, you there?

With a low snow year and lots of 14/15 sleds with low miles, you need a small fleet of demo rides to get peeps to tip over on snocheck this spring. You know how well it worked in 2010 for the pro, after the many issues and false starts with the CFI-4 and IQ RMK. Now you have a rep for an underpowered, fragile motor. And sometime you market more than you deliver.

If this is the fix, you'll sell hundreds, if not thousands, more on snocheck - word of mouth is as good as a ride around here. The intro rides with Snowest influencers was a nice start, good marketing, but if we don't get more snow, it won't be enough. Doo and ACAT won't just be laying back and getting stoned in CO, either. They are adjusting their plans, now. You have a window - take advantage of it. If you don't have a contingency plan for this, make one.

You know what they say about free advice...

D
Feb 1, 2015
West Yellowstone Snowmobile Expo Polaris, Yamaha, and Arctic Cat will have all of the new years models and you can take them for demo rides. I rode the 2015 last year in March, and all I had to do was fill it up with gas. They let me take it for 2 hours! Can't wait to do it again this year on the new Axys chassis! This year the expo is March 13th through the 15th. Hope to see you all there!

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
I bought a 15 TD because I figured it would be the best/last of the Pro's and won't do a first year sled anymore, with the crap winter we've had I regret even making that purchase. Sure wouldn't be in any hurry to purchase a new first year model until I was sure there was gonna be snow to ride it on and more than 4 people have rode one!!!

Last edited:
D
Feb 1, 2015
The Demo Rides are first come first serve. They generally have the whole lineup of sleds there so you can choose what you want to ride. If they don't have the one you want, just wait for it to get back, and you can usually hop right on once it is back.

ripnit

Lifetime Membership
Mar 9, 2009
Chilly Id/Iowa Falls Ia
The rep at the snowest birthday party said there were NO demos this year....I asked if I was to snocheck this year I'm snochecking blind and he said yes...

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
If you have a hand selected group come and ride it, given the royal treatment, and a few of those were not that impressed, not a good sign. They have several made, if they aren't allowing demos, maybe they aren't all that good?

D
Feb 1, 2015
There were no demo rides at the Snowest party during the unveiling, but there will be once the whole lineup is unveiled at the Snowmobile Expo in March 13-15 at West Yellowstone.

And I have not heard of anyone that was not thoroughly impressed with how much better the new Axys is. Where have you heard these supposed grumblings, if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
There were no demo rides at the Snowest party during the unveiling, but there will be once the whole lineup is unveiled at the Snowmobile Expo in March 13-15 at West Yellowstone.

And I have not heard of anyone that was not thoroughly impressed with how much better the new Axys is. Where have you heard these supposed grumblings, if you don't mind me asking?
Both winter brew and mtnpull alluded to the fact they preferred the T3 over the axys. Winterbrew is a skidoo guy but mtnpull is mostly a Polaris rider until this year. Not saying it won't be better, I would like a demo ride so I know.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Both winter brew and mtnpull alluded to the fact they preferred the T3 over the axys. Winterbrew is a skidoo guy but mtnpull is mostly a Polaris rider until this year. Not saying it won't be better, I would like a demo ride so I know.

You dont think that the fact they both prefer the t3 over the current pro comes into play at all?
They are both accustomed to and have adjusted their personal sleds to fit themselves.
Jump on a sled that was set up for somebody else by someone else.

I gathered it may have had alot to do with preference.

C
Dec 24, 2014
No demo rides would be an insane move for Polaris. Snow checks are generally the most expensive way to buy a new sled. Polaris has an absolutely HORRIBLE reputation for first year engine offerings. Most people are going to at least want a ride before spending the money on a new model Poo.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Lots of demo rides at a couple dozen western dealers and a 4 year warranty, and they'll sell thousands more in snocheck. If they don't, it will likely be a soft 2015 snocheck with lots of wait and see buyers who still have 13-15 RMKs. And it's the only way you'll get the doo and cat riders back in 16.

Walk down memory lane and be realistic - the 2011 Pro RMK was barely ready for primetime (had one), the 12's were just better, particularly the CFI2. The injector failures were much less, and piston/skirt issues fewer. The only big improvement to the 13 Pro that didn't have issues were the boards - the aluminum driveshaft, multiple beltdrive components, glued a-arms, carbon overstructure, all had issues, most of them better in 14/15. Poo will be really hard pressed to increase, or even maintain 2015 sales levels without demos and warranty.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I'm hearing no official demo rides.

In years past, when they didn't do demo rides, they still sent around the pre-production prototypes to dealers.

Those sleds spent about a weeks at each dealer so that people could get on it. The dealers that got them only got one.

I have no confirmation about their spring plans to put butts on the seat. Wish I could have more info.

Last edited:
G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Who knows? Maybe there will be some '16's for sale early. Like the TD's last year.

I really would like to ride one this year.

mtnpull

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Heber City, Utah
www.uintarecreation.com
You dont think that the fact they both prefer the t3 over the current pro comes into play at all?
They are both accustomed to and have adjusted their personal sleds to fit themselves.
Jump on a sled that was set up for somebody else by someone else.

I gathered it may have had alot to do with preference.

I spent the last 4 years on a Pro. When I rode the Axys I had about 5 hours ride time on my T3 163. I rode the Axys for about 2-3 hours. So, 4 years on a current Pro and 5 hours on a T3 prior to riding the Axys.

So my comparison from the T3 and Axys are based on similar ride times and AFTER extended times on a PRO.

With that in mind, I will NOT be checking an Axys. I will happily continue to ride my T3 for at least another season (hopefully one with more snow).

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Mntpull, you had a demo ride and say it's not for you. Thanx, wish I had the opportunity. Trying to read between the lines as to whether you would be into a new sled after this season anyway, so I'd like to ask you a couple of questions.

From the ride review you posted you said the motor was awesome quick, caught you by surprise. Good as your Etec? Better? Apples to oranges?

You stated that the new higher CofG chassis may not be for everyone, tippy, especially in the snow you got to test in, maybe a bit too single purpose, maybe too "Burant" style.
Comparing the T3 platform (probably all Doo's next season because of it's success) and it's higher CofG is the new pro tippier, more single purpose yet?

I've had a short ride on a T3. I know most of the comments from old Pro riders on T3's say it "tips in" easier and they like that in the snow. It's almost a 180 for trail opinions though. A year ago the Pro sucked on the trail compared to the XM and now the opposite compared to the T3 package. Is higher CofG all of this?

Premium Features