• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M-sleds putting on side vents- remove insulation?

H

HalfwayM7

Nov 27, 2007
Atlanta, GA, for now
Yes, remove the insulation

When I put my side vents on I realized pretty quickly the insulation was going to be a pain to work with.

I put tape on the inside of the panel and it worked very well for the rest of the year, zero heat buildup on the panel. The vents from 2Cool work very well, I know a plug, but they are very good vents.

The real test will be after I get into some pretty deep powder this year. However, I do not anticipate any issues.

K.Materi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wyoming
I removed all the insulation on the side panels and under the hood...have had no issues with melting. The 2 cool vents hold up well... road with them last year in every condition and had no problems.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
easy

The insulation is real easy to deal with, take it all out and give it to the dog to sleep on....................

M
Nov 26, 2007
central mn
1 more tip. When you are drilling the pto side panel don't put any holes where the primary clutch is. When it rolls on it's side the primary tends to hit and dig into the panel and could tear your vent

D
Nov 26, 2007
north idaho
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

for that matter don't put any holes on the exhaust side...as when you roll your sled it'll melt the vent.

for that matter just don't drill any holes... what ever happened to common sense. keep the black side down and the shiny side up.:D

B
Nov 27, 2007
1 more tip. When you are drilling the pto side panel don't put any holes where the primary clutch is. When it rolls on it's side the primary tends to hit and dig into the panel and could tear your vent

I have an SLP side panel vent on my 07 M8 and I got a small tear from the bolt head on the secondary after only 3 rides; so it is something to consider. I do end up laying my sled over in the pow alot as I'm a fairly new rider just trying to perfect s#%thooks. At first I thought a stick poked it but on the inside I could see the mark from the bolt.

B
Nov 27, 2007
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

for that matter don't put any holes on the exhaust side...as when you roll your sled it'll melt the vent.

for that matter just don't drill any holes... what ever happened to common sense. keep the black side down and the shiny side up.:D

My whole sled is black. Please explain this in further detail as I can't figure out which side is up. :rolleyes:

B

brendan ross

Dec 1, 2007
pine pass area b.c. canada
if you put sid vents on dont buy the mesh ones buy the luverd gills off of boondocker my sled has them they draw air and get rid of the heat at the same time my sledd does not get hot no more and we use them on 8s 1000s and turbo sled it doesnt even take on snow and if you are worried you can put a screen on 2. all i got to say is they work better than anything on the market
www.boondockers.com

N

Nate

Apr 22, 2006
Northeast Wyoming/Mission Viejo California
if you put sid vents on dont buy the mesh ones buy the luverd gills off of boondocker my sled has them they draw air and get rid of the heat at the same time my sledd does not get hot no more and we use them on 8s 1000s and turbo sled it doesnt even take on snow and if you are worried you can put a screen on 2. all i got to say is they work better than anything on the market
www.boondockers.com

No thanks :) i will continue to give my money to Tammy because her vents work and they dont look like chit :rolleyes:

Premium Features