• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

new Dragon 700- ?'s

T
Nov 26, 2007
Southern Idaho
I just bought my first IQ, I know ski-doos have about a thousand things wrong from the crate but i havent heard a thing about these. I took mine out for about a half an hour on shatty snow and noticed nothing wrong. A very good sled? or should i keep an eye out. If you've noticed anything please post. Save us all a little money.

S

Snoweasel

Nov 27, 2007
Edmonton AB
Agreed, they are excellent sleds, just pull the rope and go. I have 500 very hard miles on mine and it's been up-side-down and rolled many a time and only damage was a few small cracks in the hood and a broken windsheild. The track will rachet on a hard long hill climb. Fuel economy is very good. I came off a modified 2004 800 edge 151 and will never go back. Keeps up with most other 8's.

Enjoy, you made a great decision.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
The only complaint I had about my 07 was ratcheting.

Yes, make sure you adjust your track tension for the first half dozen times you ride. After that, it doesn't seem to be so bad. Scares the hell out of you when it ratchets and you are trying to tackle a big hill.

Nov 29, 2007
SW, MT
Put 700 miles on mine last year and 100-150 already this year, and love every minute, no problems. Would definately reccommend hps can, for weight savings and sounds awesome. Think i picked up a couple of ponies as well! Ride on

M
Oct 30, 2005
Victoria, BC
I could look this up, but I'll ask you guys...what are the major differences between the 2008 700 and the 2007 700? I think the Dragon models have the shock upgrades and what else?

J
the track is diffrent, the spindles are better in 08, decals, and the 08's have like 1 more HP, they have diffrent pistons, the seat is a little lighter, gas tank is a little bigger, the gage doesnt say it tho, all this info is from evertt at pierre's

T
Nov 27, 2007
Yes, make sure you adjust your track tension for the first half dozen times you ride. After that, it doesn't seem to be so bad. Scares the hell out of you when it ratchets and you are trying to tackle a big hill.

Get the AVID Products anti ratchet drivers and bye bye problem, so glad I did :)

Premium Features