• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

670 summit ?

L

lookup

Nov 26, 2007
sheridan wy
have a prob with 670 all orig 96 summit with hac seems to die when climbing and or racin down the trail has good power half way up hill then bogs seems like fuel prob but not sure not sure where to start

T

Tackbtch

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 12, 2004
Trout Creek MT
I had a 96 great sled lotsa fun. Mine did the same, turned out to be the HAC, see if you can find one from a sled that you could borrow, they change out quick. I cant remember but they seemed spendy??? Dino

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
Like stated above, see if you can borrow a known good HAC from a like machine.......sounds like the HAC to me. If you end up needing one let me know, I think I can still get them from where BRP gets them at about 1/2 the price. I have not bought one lately so I don't know for sure.

H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
Before you start chasing fuel problems--Have you cleaned your secondary clutch? Sounds like it is sticking.

I have seen alot of this and had to hammer secondary's apart when they have not been cleaned regulery. You are basically running one speed on your gearing--not down or upshifting like it should and it loads down the motor more than it can take--so it feels like a bog.

My .02 after lots a year's with one of these machines in my stable.

H20SKE...

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
If you want a HAC valve I have one. That's if you want to keep running the HAC. They did have some issues. It would would be hard for them to physically go bad. Only thing in them were a spring and a rubber diaphram. Either one of those pieces "could" fail. You can adjust the position of the diaphram by loosening the nut, and I forget what else without looking at one, but they are easy to tweek.

S

schu

Nov 26, 2007
Houston, AK
I would contact holtzman engineering and see if you can retrofit an ATACC to the existing vacuum lines. It's basically the same thing as a HAC so I figure it could be made to work.

schu

Premium Features