• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Greater Yellowstone Coalition

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Got my little propaganda in the mail today.

Quote: Restore Yellowstone's Winter Magic: GYC has been a leader in urging the National Park Service to remove the air pollution, noise, and stressful traffic caused by snowmobiles each winter, replacing them with cleaner and quieter snowcoaches for winter access to the park.

Well there isn't a snowball's chance in hell they are getting my $35 bucks but they will get the empty "No Postage necessary" envelope back.

I might just as well force them to pay the postage taking a bit of money out of their pockets.

I would suggest the rest of us do the same when they get theirs.

Thunder

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I'd put a letter in there informing them what a bunch of elitist asstardhole****s they are with that free envelope back to them ...

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
I'd put a letter in there informing them what a bunch of elitist asstardhole****s they are with that free envelope back to them ...

I will send a little something with it.

I remember on the old site Dmiller had a pretty good reply for some of these guys. If I can find a copy and make sure it is appropriate I will it in there.

No names of course.

Thunder

E
Nov 26, 2007
I.F.
I know some won't believe this but it's true. About four years ago, the gyc wanted to hold a "convention" in West Yellowstone concerning winter use of the park.(This was at the peak of the winter season also). NOBODY would give them rooms, or convention facilities....... except... (yer all gonna love this) The Holiday Inn. Bill & Clyde's reasoning??? "Well, someone's going to do it". It's gonna be awful hard to fight these morons when a powerhouse like seely & howell cater to them. the sadness of this reply is that a lot of sledders won't believe this..:(

R
Nov 26, 2007
East Chester Idaho
Got my little propaganda in the mail today.

Quote: Restore Yellowstone's Winter Magic: GYC has been a leader in urging the National Park Service to remove the air pollution, noise, and stressful traffic caused by snowmobiles each winter, replacing them with cleaner and quieter snowcoaches for winter access to the park.

Well there isn't a snowball's chance in hell they are getting my $35 bucks but they will get the empty "No Postage necessary" envelope back.

I might just as well force them to pay the postage taking a bit of money out of their pockets.

I would suggest the rest of us do the same when they get theirs.

Thunder
Slap that no postage necessary bar code on a north bound ski-doo box:)

S
Nov 26, 2007
Helena, MT
I was in the park 2 times this summer.
They want to kick 4-stroke snowmobiles out in the winter but let millions of cars trucks and bikes in in the summer.
It is ridiculous how busy it is during the summer no matter what time of the season.
I just don't get it??

B
Nov 21, 2007
Jackson WY
Of course they are not going after cars and trucks, thats not a fight they can win. Comparatively, snowmobilers are a much smaller group, and a much larger target.
There is no comprimise with these groups, ever. They will always return to take more and more. Look at what is happening with sled access this year, and the plan that was just released.
I hope that everyone on this forum is a member of the Blue Ribbon Coalition, they do great work.

Premium Features