• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ABS Avalanche Demo and Instruction

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
it would be the the smart thing to do. One of the guys involved in the avalanche at revelstoke had a avy bag that did not deploy on him, bag was not tested before using.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
We have a new web site so the URL below does not go to the correct place, here is the new URL:

ABS Video

Thanks
Mark

I'm pretty sure that who ever folded the bag in the video did it wrong. After folding the ends, it should be folded accordian style, not folded roll style. Accordian style more effectively allows the bag to expand out and seperate the velcro and this is how ABS has the bags folded.

FirstPlaceParts

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Mina, SD
www.FirstPlaceParts.com
Folding

When you buy a Klim ABS pack it comes with 2 canisters, one for testing and one for use. There is actually a form you fill out when you test your pack to make sure that you did the test. Without this form the pack is not warrantied. We have seen some web sites selling these and do not mention the test canister or they do not include it, make sure it comes with 2 canisters.

I have not watched the video in a while and just watched it again, it looks to was folded, he just did it quickly. If I'm wrong let me know.

Thanks
Mark

Premium Features