• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whiplash Manufacturing Aluminum Sled Deck

S
Nov 26, 2007
Crazy Mountains
Aluminum Sled Deck

Alrighty, had this posted on the old forums, it had over 1300 hits, I musta sparked some interest, had alot of great comments, thanks everybody! So, here we go again!

I have built for sale an aluminum deck that is built for the newer Ford truck boxes, (the ones that get narrower from front to back). It may fit on other trucks as well, but I'm not sure which ones. Its built for a long box, one really cool thing about the design is that it is a 2 piece unit, you take the back half off and you have a headache rack for the summertime, this is not required, you don't have to have it, so the price will depend on whether or not you want the headache rack included. #2 you can fit a normal truck toolbox under it and it is still accessible if you need to get your tools out, rather than having to take it completely off, #3 it is at an angle, 27 degrees to be exact, which decreases the aggressive angle in which most ramps have for getting onto the deck, the angle also discourages the sleds sliding forward when you hit the brakes. The deck comes with Floe Industries Aluminum Tiedowns, aluminum which matches the rest of the deck, and does a good job of securing your sled. The deck is sealed in black, and there is a track for traction so you don't have any slipping issues. There are many other advantages to this design. If you have any questions regarding my deck, e-mail me @ steelanderson08@gmail.com
Thank you!

Steel Anderson

CIMG0769.JPG

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2007
Crazy Mountains
this is the first, you could call it a prototype, it is fully functioning and works quite well. i made some sketches with measurments, along side my grandfather, (structural architect), and made some adjustments for quality and safety as i went. The materials are all aluminum, and 3/4" treated decking material.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Crazy Mountains
somebody out there has to be willing to step up and get themselves a real sled deck, this isn't something that was thrown together, it was carefully constructed, and it is brand new, offers?

Premium Features