• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

aftermarket cold air intake?[m8]

800Cat

Nov 27, 2007
Montana
I'm currently running the slp cold air intake and now flaws yet. Its been running great!!! Good luck

WaBackcountry

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Orondo, WA
I ran timbersled intake on M7 with SLP twins last year and noticed it was very difficult to tune with the boondocker box.

M
Oct 1, 2001
Belgrade, MT
The timersled intake looks like it just sucks a bunch of hot underhood air. I've been looking at the black box from bd-xtreme, but have been really debating it hard. I have been trying to find some good input on it, but have not found much input on it at all. The black box does come with a shelf to seal off the underhood heat and come with vents to install for fresh air.

VOHK

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2006
Colorado
www.vohk.com
The M8 is particularly sensitive to intakes due to the propensity for them to develop an annoying drone that renders them virtually unridable without ear protection. The CPC is the only one we have found that can be mail ordered and keep the noise down. With regard to the fuel demands we have not found there to be any problem.

C

cowkiller

Nov 26, 2007
Eugene Or.
I just ordered one of the boxes from vohk but was not dealing with Eric. the noise thing is news to me. I think I will sending it back as I really do not like ear plugs.
My King Cat had a PPP can(loud) and that was an ear plug deal. It eventually drove me crazy (short drive) and I bought an slp for it. It's nice to get off the sled and not have your ears ringing.

R
Nov 30, 2007
Sorry if I'm stealing the post.
I have a 07 M8, and bought it with SLP's High Flow Air Horn Intake Kit (the old one) installed. Have heard that this intake kit not produce any hp, and I also think the engine lacks some throttle response.. Have also 2 Bullseye's installed on the top of the airbox. Have the original intake, and I'm seriously considering switching... Anyone have experience with this? Please share!
Have BD box and exhaust temp sensors, and it seems like the engine is pretty well dialed in. However, I can't seem to get the snap out of the engine! Sometimes I experienced a bog, when hitting the throttle. But after changing some # on BD box, it got better. However, it doesn't "feel right"
Will switching to the original intake give the engine more throttle response?

And, pardon my bad English. I'm a Norwegian...

N
Mar 26, 2011
clutching

runner 8, seems to me that you need to work on your clutching not your intake that is the biggest problem with the m sleds is the clutching take it from me i have owned 4 of them 2 m7's and 2 m8's. love the sleds but you have to take both primary and secondary springs out and replace with speedwerx h5 springs, also go with the slick shift bearing and a steeper ramp helix and bdx rock rollers and your in buisiness!!! then that sled will come alive. usually the bog is from the sled not shifting very fast because arctic cat springs suck! also i have tried both timbersled and bdx cold air intake and like them both equaly.

Premium Features