• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Weighed the Viper 162

jrusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Edmonton
Wanted a base line weight number before adding turbo and cutting some weight..Sled had just under a half tank fuel If i have time I'll top her up and weigh it again.. Scale is a cheaper one but a rep here at a scale shop says its decent an accurate within a pound so should be close

photo (37).jpg photo (36).jpg

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
top it off and Id be curious to see what she ways.

By no means a light sled, but given that its already got some juices in it, im rather impressed with where the 4 strokes are getting to.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Wanted a base line weight number before adding turbo and cutting some weight..Sled had just under a half tank fuel If i have time I'll top her up and weigh it again.. Scale is a cheaper one but a rep here at a scale shop says its decent an accurate within a pound so should be close
So the weight I came up with for me 2010 Nytro was 560lbs DRY.

mysledblows

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
true dat :) I've yet to leave home or the parking lot on empty so that my sled weighed less. They weigh what they weigh. Full off fluids or empty they are all still too heavy when buried in a creek bottom.

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
Everybody has their own idea on how they would weigh a sled. Personally I would fill the oil and antifreeze and drain the gas. noone everybody fills a sled the same and if you want to compare to other brands they all have different capacities of fuel. If weighed with no gas it removes 1 variable.

I know you are going to say the antifreeze and oil can vary also but usually the antifreeze amount doesn't change once filled and the oil can be easily topped off.

T
Oct 14, 2014
Makes more sense to me to compare them filled up, ready to ride. EVERYBODY I ride with starts the day on a full tank of fuel, regardless of the tank capacity. 565lbs UFFF-DA! That is what, a solid 100 lbs more than a Pro RMK?

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
Jrusher - thx for the effort and the numbers. Instead of complaining about weighing it dry, wet, with snow, without paint, upside down, etc. I'll just use basic math and figure it out. Love these threads where the guy who complains about how he'd weigh it gets more thx than the guy who weighed it. lol

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Topped it right off with fuel.. Now time to add some HP and cut some easy weight :face-icon-small-hap

Not bad. I think my 11t was 660 rtr stock. If this is 60lbs lighter and we all know that for sure 95% of that comes off the front of the sled it should be a large difference. I will have to find one to throw my leg over to compare it to a m800. I prefer the handling of the M800 but if the viper handles like the 800 and can become 240 hp they are going to sell many!!!

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
i cant see whats hanging on the scale.LOL.600 is really good.

He's not showing the 3 guys popping a nut below trying to hold the sled up to achieve the 601.lol

My viper came in and taking boost it turbo out today to get install going. At the end of the day yammi will always be heavier, the cat chassis is 5 plus years old but this sled handles soooo much better then my tnytro's and tapex's. can't wait to get it done.

Premium Features