• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

any mtx vipers showing up yet

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
My kids pro should be in by end of September. Is there any vipers showing up yet? Got my boost it turbo ready to go and cr boards ready to be put on. Just missing a sled.

n2otoofast4u

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2010
I quit asking.... Every time I do it gets later and later. Gonna be working on this pile until mid January at this rate. I was thinking I would ride it until Im done with my tube project. Guess I was wrong. Oh well....

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
Last week my dealer checked ETA and said they have a shipment coming in October and November. He didn't see any reason why most wouldn't show up in the first shipment...

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
Guess I am glad I bought a 2014 XTX and converted it. Still some 2014 XTX out there in the crate, Coyote Motorsports in Denver and Silverthorne Yamaha both have one in Colorado, I suspect at deep discount maybe enough to pay for conversion parts. Ice age rails, 7 tooth drivers,Camoplast X3, trick tunnel extension, trick front end and GO!

You were going to mod it anyways right?

n2otoofast4u

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2010
No interest in that. I'll wait. It's bare pavement everywhere here still.. Doesn't do me much good to worry about it. Wait, maybe I could be testing....... You might be onto something.

Y

yamahajohnson220

Jan 4, 2008
Or you could wait until December to get the sled and spend the rest of the season sorting it out.....that sounds better.

Did that last season no thanks.

Did you get a turbo kit for $2,000? Didn't think so. I'll gladly wait to have a true mtx viper.

A sled full of conversions, no thanks. Had enough of that.

Last edited:
S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
Did you get a turbo kit for $2,000? Didn't think so. I'll gladly wait to have a true mtx viper.

A sled full of conversions, no thanks. Had enough of that.

Who said anything about the turbo deal? Of course that is worth waiting for. But if you are waiting for an MTX, converting an XTX with the same or better parts is an option. Don't like it don't do it.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
or you can get one now a burn up that sounds just as fun

sorry had to say something about the recall. I am sure that has a lot to do with a later and later delivery dates on the MTX.

n2otoofast4u

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2010
Who said anything about the turbo deal? Of course that is worth waiting for. But if you are waiting for an MTX, converting an XTX with the same or better parts is an option. Don't like it don't do it.
What turbo kit did you use on your XTX?

Y

yamahajohnson220

Jan 4, 2008
Last week my dealer checked ETA and said they have a shipment coming in October and November. He didn't see any reason why most wouldn't show up in the first shipment...

Do you know approximately how many sleds your dealer ordered? I'm wondering if that number or your location has something to do with your earlier delivery date.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Johnson: Just have your dealer check on his YDS (he will know what you mean) and it will show when his are scheduled for shipment. This of course is not set in stone, but Yamaha is usually pretty good about it. It will also show when the sleds are in the warehouse and then you know they will be 10 to 14 days to get to the shop.

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
Do you know approximately how many sleds your dealer ordered? I'm wondering if that number or your location has something to do with your earlier delivery date.

No, I don't have any idea how many they ordered. Its a very large dealership with about every brand you can think of.....so it could be quite a few :)

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
Not even a generic pm to let me know my post was deleted. This site is getting ran more and more like the government.

And Mr. Johnson, if that is your real name, all 3 Vipers we ordered all were snow checks, and all are getting turbos. So, hopefully they show up so I can take some time off of school to supervise you working on your new sled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features