• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

GPS advice?

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Hello Im new to gps for sledding and was wanting to know how good the Garmin 120 rino was for backtracking and setting favorite spots or way points will these be saved for future use?

how many watts transmit power does the 120 have?

Can you download a better map or satellite overlay on them?

Will the 120 link your position to a 530 or 650?

I have been wanting the 650 buy definetly expensive, so I know its a big cost between the 2 just tying to decide which one to get

my riding buddy doesn`t have a rino but I was wanting one so if I got out with another group that had them I would beable to see where they are or visa versa.

we use cobra walkie talkies now but I would like to branch more to a gps unit was also thinkin of starting out with a garmin etrex 2 since most I ride with don`t have rino`s

What do you all think?

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated..

Thanks, Wildcard

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Hello Im new to gps for sledding and was wanting to know how good the Garmin 120 rino was for backtracking and setting favorite spots or way points will these be saved for future use?

how many watts transmit power does the 120 have?

Can you download a better map or satellite overlay on them?

Will the 120 link your position to a 530 or 650?

I have been wanting the 650 buy definetly expensive, so I know its a big cost between the 2 just tying to decide which one to get

my riding buddy doesn`t have a rino but I was wanting one so if I got out with another group that had them I would beable to see where they are or visa versa.

we use cobra walkie talkies now but I would like to branch more to a gps unit was also thinkin of starting out with a garmin etrex 2 since most I ride with don`t have rino`s

What do you all think?

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated..

Thanks, Wildcard
I have the 650 and never use the Camera or radio. Still use the old 2 way radio as it attaches to the backpack front strap. I would next time buy a GPS with larger screen

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Hello byeatts, what radio`s do you use?

and what gps would you get that doesn`t have a radio?

any links would be cool

Thanks, Wildcard

I,m not sharp on these, the 650 just has small screen, I would go bigger and i use 5 mile Motorola. there are many larger screens at cabelas and cheaper.

Last edited:
Premium Features