• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Not many Michigan members?

longlugs

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2013
Northern Utah
I'm pretty new to the forum and noticed there is not a lot of activity on the Michigan board. Just a few flatlanders in the forum of mountain riding?

I live in the northern LP and ride as much as I can in the UP. Ride trails only to get to the fun stuff. Heading west for a few weeks this winter.

Keep the weather reports rolling. I'm jonesing to ride.

C

cooterman

Jan 27, 2010
Michigan
I'm pretty new to the forum and noticed there is not a lot of activity on the Michigan board. Just a few flatlanders in the forum of mountain riding?

I live in the northern LP and ride as much as I can in the UP. Ride trails only to get to the fun stuff. Heading west for a few weeks this winter.

Keep the weather reports rolling. I'm jonesing to ride.

I bet theres more here really than what post. More trails, great trail system keep many out of the powder I think. I'm in the NLP too and ride mainly off trail. I get to the UP a couple weeks a year.

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
Yeah there are a lot more than what you think.... if you go down to the bottom of the main michigan forum you can see how many people have viewed the thread.

I'm up here in Sault Ste. Marie. I have been out for a ride already... we have about 10" or so of snow here.

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
As I don't live in the area anymore I do keep tabs on the UP. I grew up in Northern Wisconsin but went to MTU. I love the area and hope to get back up there over Christmas and do some riding.

longlugs

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2013
Northern Utah
I'm up here in Sault Ste. Marie. I have been out for a ride already... we have about 10" or so of snow here.

Very nice. Not enough for a trip across the bridge. Just enough to hide a stump or log awaiting an unsuspecting a-arm. Not a bad start to the year. Temps are good, we just need a good system dump.

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
Very nice. Not enough for a trip across the bridge. Just enough to hide a stump or log awaiting an unsuspecting a-arm. Not a bad start to the year. Temps are good, we just need a good system dump.

With the lake effect that they are calling for, we should have about 2 feet worth in Tue next week or so

M

mthoodskiguy

Feb 19, 2008
DIAMOND LAKE/BEND
As I don't live in the area anymore I do keep tabs on the UP. I grew up in Northern Wisconsin but went to MTU. I love the area and hope to get back up there over Christmas and do some riding.

Do it brother. I would be happy to link up with ya for some pow slaying! I love western sledding but agree the sledding around here has a certain charm that even a western guy can appreciate. I look forward to moving back west every year but i look forward to coming home just as much.

B

bacobits

Dec 9, 2007
Laramie, wyo.
I like to check in once in a while(MI section) to see what the riding is like in the UP. For something different a buddy and I are mulling over a trip to the Keweenaw area. Whats the offtrail riding like etc.?

We know its usually the other way around with east coming west, but after 30yrs of riding the mtns it maybe time to change it up a bit.

We live in Laramie Wyo, and ride the snowies almost exclusively, so if anybody is thinking of headn this way give a shout.

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
This is a good idea of the off trail.
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=360642
When I was there 20 years ago some of the trails are basic groomed closed roads. Snow is lake effect and is light and can dump some good amounts.
It's worth the trip just to say you did it and experience different area. If it had mountains it would kick a$$. There are some as west people call hills.

P

PoPoFusion

Sep 16, 2012
central michigan
I'm in Central Michigan.
We are just waiting for some snow so we can go up to the cabin and ride the trails from there.
Haven't been to the UP since the 80's... just ride the trails in the NLP.

E
Aug 20, 2011
Soo/Menominee MI
Ive been on and off in here, i stopped coming in here as much since i moved back to the soo, then to Menominee. Been putting in the riding i can. Things are starting to get pretty funky as far as weather goes :(

Premium Features