• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best riser and bar set up for Nytro

1madbird

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
West Bountiful, Utah
So I am looking at upgrading my stock bars and riser on my 08 nytro but not sure what the best option is. CR has a complete set up but its a bit pricy Skins has a T post and some bars. I have already got a relocation kit on it but just wondering if a new riser set up and bars would be of any benifit.
Thanks

1madbird

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
West Bountiful, Utah
So I guess no one is using aftermarket risers or bars on a Nytro. I am just trying to decide if it will make it easier to handle or is it not worth the money

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I went with RSI and i am very happy with that combo. I mainly went with them becasue they offer an adapter plate for a pivot riser. the nytro comes with a flat plate on the steering rod so you need an adapter to run a pivot riser of any kind.

the topic has been disbeaten to death. here and over on TY I went with a pivot rise and straight bar this season. i had a different setup last season but was not comfortable with it. It was still from RSI but the bars had a great sweep to them and it did not work for me. There are several good ones out there but RSI is nice stuff that is resonably priced.

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
x2 for RSI bars. They are low priced high quality bars. In fact they sell bars that are 2,4 or 6" taller so you may not need a riser. That being said I bought the pivot adapter from them as well.

I'm still wondering if the vertical steering post kit from bdx is the best solution. Maybe I'll have to just try one myself.

tt m1000

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2010
Tioga, ND
I am running a pivot adapter with 3 inch rsi and stock bars and liking it a lot

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I am using and OFT relocator on mine. It works well with a pivoting riser. Since it moves the bar up and forward about +2 inches already you can go with a shorter more compact pivot riser for added strength. there are a lot out there but for the fit and finish I went with OFT.

Premium Features