• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SPI Pro RMK fuel filters are available now

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
Just wanted to let people know that the SPI fuel filters for the Pro RMK are ready and available, we ordered a bunch and they just showed up. Half the price of an OEM filter, $62.95. Your local dealer can get them for you or if anyone needs one you can PM me also.

bparks

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Evergreen, Co
pictures?

Do you have any pics of what this looks like installed and how it would install when the factory filter is not serviceable?

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
Do you have any pics of what this looks like installed and how it would install when the factory filter is not serviceable?

I took a picture but didn't feel the need to post it. It looks exactly like an OEM filter that has the fittings on it, you replace it the same exact way as the OEM filter.

bparks

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Evergreen, Co
so it comes with the hoses and you just hook it up to the fuel tank and throttle bodys I am just wondering because the factory filter on the 13 and 14 pros are not able to be changes with out replacing all the lines

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
This is great news. I hope the reduction in cost will prompt more owners to change their fuel filters at proper intervals. It only takes a small restriction in the filter to cause a large drop in volume of fuel delivery which then leads to lean condtion which = disaster.

I've been modifying the cheaper dragon filters.

Last edited:

harf69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I've got a dynaport pipe on my sled good pipe I know u can run the pipe without a controller over 5k under that I was told its not recommended

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Awesome news! Any word on the micron# on these? or if they are "tool-less" install on the tank side like the stock 13 filter?

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
How about the quality of the filter itself? Same micron and filtering capabilities? I have heard of some run ability problems with the Pro that was cured by just changing the fuel filter.

beamslayer

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Day late and dollar short gees I just purchased the napa change over kit and installed it . It is a fugly looking thing that huge filter and clamps- oh well .

bparks

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Evergreen, Co
I have a kit I have been working on the uses a 30 micron filter and quick connects so you can remove easy for service and has replacement element that could be cleaned or changed for 10 dollars . the filter has been made to work with race fuel and high pressure that would be great for turbo app should have some pics next week . the kit would be a little more then the $65 that the spi one is but after changing the filter twice with the spi one you would start saving money. I am working on final fitment and getting the fitting for the fuel rail its been a pain to find it

T

Trenchmaster

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
I have a kit I have been working on the uses a 30 micron filter and quick connects so you can remove easy for service and has replacement element that could be cleaned or changed for 10 dollars . the filter has been made to work with race fuel and high pressure that would be great for turbo app should have some pics next week . the kit would be a little more then the $65 that the spi one is but after changing the filter twice with the spi one you would start saving money. I am working on final fitment and getting the fitting for the fuel rail its been a pain to find it

So will you be selling just the filter? I also went with the Napa set up so already have hoses with quick connects.

bparks

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Evergreen, Co
yes I will sell just the filter that will replace the napa filter for the people that all ready made the line

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com

Sincere question,
The stock filter is 10 micron.. Why do you feel the 30 will do the job and not risk plugging the injectors?

I believe the rail fitting is proprietary. Not sure you'll have any luck... I've always removed one from the stockers.

bparks

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Evergreen, Co
I feel 30 is going to be fine most car, dragsters and other sled manufacturer use 40 micron with not problems on fuel injection systems so why would it be a problem on the pro that uses the same type of fuel system but if customers want I could get a 10 micron cartridge for the filter assembly . I think your right on the hose end I have tried every where with no luck so far driving me crazy might have to just make it

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I feel 30 is going to be fine most car, dragsters and other sled manufacturer use 40 micron with not problems on fuel injection systems so why would it be a problem on the pro that uses the same type of fuel system but if customers want I could get a 10 micron cartridge for the filter assembly . I think your right on the hose end I have tried every where with no luck so far driving me crazy might have to just make it

Due to current injector design, two stroke engine, and area of placement on the engine, the injectors in CFI-2 applications have shown signs of excessive carbon deposits at what some consider premature when compared with other applications.

Most injector failures in these sleds are mechanical, not electrical.

Premium Features