• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wheelie control?

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
So I have a Pro Lite 900 coming. Plan on doing an X3 163 track. This sled is a wheelie monster. The skid has the BDX lw arms in it and I don't want to add weight to the sled so a KMOD is out for now. I own 3 sleds with KMODs and Raptors and love that set up, just not what I want to do on this sled. I really like the handling of the sled except for the excessive ski lift. I also want to stay with Fox shocks for the weight savings. So I could do the OVS wheelie control kit, a Timber sled coupled rear arm with the new X RC2 shock(what I am leaning to right now), Skinz ARC, or??? Anyone have first hand experience with the OVS kit? It is cheap and looks like it will couple the stock skid.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
Seriously, Dude.

You' ve played with the best (KMOD) and now you want to party with the rest (OVS) coupling block. that is like drinking bud lite Platinum. and then deciding you don't like it and you'd rather drink some Colt 45, or an ICE beer. How many lbs is a Awesome KMOD going to really add over what you have now, and how will the couple of extra lbs not be worth it in overall ride quality and performance you feel in the seat of your pants. how much difference is there between an OVS wheelie block ,and a KMOD skid?????????? this Corona with a lime tastes like chit. i better have a Keystone ICE. ha ha

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
I'd rather drink Pendelton, but I do have the OVS coupling block on my sled. Really seems to work good. I think it's around $400. Probably not as good as a full K-mod, but it does control the wheelie tendencies on the turbo. It can be set for full coupling or for more transfer. Just have to loosen two bolts.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
i personally have the KMOD

you can adjust it on the snow in 3 seconds, takes a turn of the wrist , and works very well.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Some people need to read the post before commenting. This is a very light sled and I want to keep it that way. Putting a KMOD and Raptors under it would add at least 8lbs, doesn't sound like much but I am paying a lot for light weight. I give up 50-60lbs to most normal sized guys anyway. The stock skid has a great ride, the BDX arms are lw cromo so just looking to keep the weight down and add some wheelie control. As usual I have no idea what m8magicwhatever is trying to say. I usually just skip his posts, most are just lame attempts at humor over and over and over.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Also, the ARC just makes me nervous with that cable hanging down by the track. I don't think that would survive very long where we ride.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
how much weight does the OVS wheelie block weight

i'm guessing it's at least 3-4 lbs if not more. I know from previous posts that Matte knows his stuff, he's no poser. It sounds like his new sled is badazz. good luck with it, I'm addicted to Boost for life.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Im probably going to go with the ovs kit this year due to cost. Adding hp and shedding a lot of front end weight this year. The 153 stock wheelies enough so something is going to have to be done this year.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
The OVS will help, but nothing like the kmod. Maybe a good option though.
Without the right geometry and equal length arms its kinda band aid. Sometime if you get the valving right it helps a bunch also.

The other thing would be to just soften the front and tighten the back. Just not a whole lot you can do when comparing to what you have.

Try a OVS, seems like you could sell it if you don't like for a good price.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
The OVS will help, but nothing like the kmod. Maybe a good option though.
Without the right geometry and equal length arms its kinda band aid. Sometime if you get the valving right it helps a bunch also.

The other thing would be to just soften the front and tighten the back. Just not a whole lot you can do when comparing to what you have.

Try a OVS, seems like you could sell it if you don't like for a good price.

Hoping its going to be enough, sounds like the couple guys ive heard of running it have had good luck.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I am going to ride my 162 a few times before I decide to couple it. I know the 153 I rode was a wheelie machine. Hopefully the longer track is better. If I do couple it I am going to try the OVS block first. Then adjust the shock valving since I have the setup to do that.

If I try a kmod it will be next year. My go fast parts budget for the year is already spent on the sled haha.

A

anziconda

Dec 10, 2007
I rode both, the 162 is definitely better, but still a wheelie machine. I'm hoping the relocation of the rear suspension will cure some of this, plus I got the stock 800 pro-lite 153. I think it should be perfect, as I like a little wheelie action?. Definitely a big change from my m1000 boat!!

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Its been a number of years since I have been on a Cat, but looking at the newer skid, is there any reason why no one has made a bracket to move the rear scissor mount back a little bit like we do on the Doos to keep the nose down a little better? It only effects the initial transfer and by mid travel its back to near stock so you get reduced transfer without having to run stiff springs and ruin the bump ride. On the Doos, moving it back 3/4" makes for a huge improvement on the hill, anyone done this on the Cat?

Premium Features