• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013-14 Avy 2 Class on the Snow, In Central Wi

Sumac Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Mar 3, 2009
Central Wisconsin
We have been working on this for a while & it took a bit to get the right location..... Tentative plan is to have an Avy 2 "On the Snow Rescue Class" at Granite Peak Ski Area in Wausau, WI. Mike Duffy with Avalanche1 will be doing the class. A week night under the lights on the slope at the ski hill. We have had a number of riders ask about a Search & Rescue class after one our fellow riders got caught up in an avalanche a year ago, all is good now Jim is doing just fine. We have had a number of well attended Avy1 Classes and it's time to have an Avy2 On the Snow Class. With the location for the class in Central WI we hope that we can draw form the North, South, East, & West. Post any & all comments, concerns & who plans on going, here on this thread so we know how to plan for it. Thanks in advance for all your input, hope to see everyone there!

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
If you're going to have it on a weeknight, what time would it start? I live in Appleton and I'd like to come afterwork, and it's about 1hr 15min drive for me.

Sumac Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Mar 3, 2009
Central Wisconsin
Start Time?

The plan would be to start at 6pm, but the thread is here to get all the info & questions out there so we have a really successful well attended class. Thanks for the question. Hope this helps.

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
is there a projected date or ballpark timeframe for this yet? that way I can put it on my groups radar...
Thanks

Last edited:

Sumac Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Mar 3, 2009
Central Wisconsin
Dates??

We were thinking first full week in Jan, 6 - 10, 2014, one night that week. It also depends a lot on what Mike's schedule is. He said he would know better later in the year. If we get a number of people to commit to attend then we will have a better chance of doing it when we want. Let us know what your thinking. Thanks for the input.

capnkirk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2010
Appleton, WI
I think this is a great idea. I took Mike's Avy 1 class two years ago and would love to advance that training. I would be in for sure, provided I'm not out west riding that week. But if you had a set date a few months in advance I could work around it.

Also, 6pm would work for me, as I'm also coming from Atown!

S

snowww1

Nov 26, 2007
Working on the schedule for next year. Looking at early January. Will keep you posted. Thanks for the interest. Mike Duffy

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
It's awesome you guys are gonna make this happen but it's almost for certain I'll be out west somewhere the first week of January... I don't know if it would be possible to do this in December before everybody starts taking trips?

catssuk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Edgerton Wi.
if its a week night mon-thur it would be impossible for me and about 3 others from southern wis to go..if its a fri..we can make it..

Premium Features