• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Spring Snow in the UP!

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
We still have good snow on the ground in Gwinn with more coming tonight. Hoping the snow will stick around for a long spring riding season! Good time to break in my new sled lol. Here is one of the latest snow reports for tonight:

• Expect Wet Snow Accumulations Of 3 To 6 Inches By Late Evening.
Additional Snow Accumulations Of 8 To 20 Inches Are Expected From
Late Tonight Through Wednesday Afternoon...

Last edited:
S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
Dude if you guys took a weed wacker into your riding areas during the summer you would have some nice boondocking terrain.....with all that snow.

M

mthoodskiguy

Feb 19, 2008
DIAMOND LAKE/BEND
Dude if you guys took a weed wacker into your riding areas during the summer you would have some nice boondocking terrain.....with all that snow.

We have more open terrain they are definitely logging. :face-icon-small-hap plenty of open lines but its definately way more tight here.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Your right...we were doing some logging at times, I didnt get any pics of the good areas because we were busy riding lol. Were ready 2 ride this morning, waiting on you to get here 48getbend88! Mthood, call me if you want to go today.

Last edited:
M

mthoodskiguy

Feb 19, 2008
DIAMOND LAKE/BEND
Your right...we were doing some logging at times, I didnt get any pics of the good areas because we were busy riding lol. Were ready 2 ride this morning, waiting on you to get here 48getbend88! Mthood, call me if you want to go today.

Hope I didn't sound like a douche.. I get in areas like that all the time.. Just trying to say not all areas need weed whacked. Hope it was good today! Sun was shining so I can't imagine it was bad. How long you guys in town?

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
How bout the conditions now? Would like to make it somewhere this weekend. All brown in central MN...

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
Headed up to our place next weekend in the kee, lots of snow left for spring riding.

-Stack

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
Headed up to our place next weekend in the kee, lots of snow left for spring riding.

-Stack

As in Keweenah, the tip of the UP? Any body been around Twin Lakes, Houghton, Marquette, Ironwood, Iron River?

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
I was up in Eagle River Mi Fri & Sat at Gitche Gumee camp. They are on the northwest of the Keweenaw peninsula. They lost allot of snow. Driving through Houghton on Saturday night I was surprised that people were still sledding under the bridge. It must be dry under there now. Still snow in Sands plains today, but sketchy trails to get there. I live in Gwinn, were down to two feet or less and snow is starting to rot. :brokenheart:

Last edited:

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
A good 3 ft + on the ground throughout the Keweenaw. Areas next to the lake, as usual, will have significantly less snow. Expecting more snow Thursday night into Friday.

Plenty still out there!

-Stack

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
They are calling for 6" to 10" on Weatherbug for Gwinn and surrounding areas on Friday.
WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY EVENING
THROUGH FRIDAY EVENING
Urgent - Winter Weather Message
National Weather Service Marquette MI
1013 PM EDT Wed Apr 10 2013

Keweenaw-Northern Houghton-Baraga-Marquette-Alger-Luce-
Northern Schoolcraft-
Including The Cities Of...Copper Harbor...Houghton...Hancock...
L'anse...Gwinn...Marquette...Grand Marais...Munising...Newberry...
Seney

...Winter Storm Watch Remains In Effect From Thursday Evening
Through Friday Evening...

Hazardous Weather...

• Heavy...Wet Snow Will Arrive Early Thursday Evening...And
Continue Through Friday. The Snow May Fall Heavy At Times Thursday
Night Into Early Friday Morning.

• Storm Total Snowfall Of Greater Than 6 Inches Is Possible. A
Few Spots May See Snowfall Totals Greater Than 10 Inches.

• Northeast Winds Gusting To 30 Mph Will Create Areas Of Blowing And
Drifting Snow...Especially Close To Lake Superior.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
We got 7" of wet heavy snow over night in Gwinn. Forecast says more on the way tonight and tomorrow. Trails are still good from Gwinn to Marquette. Watch for stumps off trail, we did lose snow over the last couple weeks.

T
Jan 9, 2009
Thanks,

Two weekends ago we had a 5-6' base, I know they lost about a foot or so on the ground but the snow they got on monday 6-7" seemed to stick around and then it looks like more than a foot will be recordered for today

Premium Features