• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Project RMK

The idea was that we would buy a 2001 800 chassis(really liked the chassis and track length) and put a '99 700 twin into it. It all started out well, until we put it up in the air and noticed just how many problems there were...

1. The previous owners decided it would be a good idea to put in metal cleats in lieu of new paddles. Idiots...

2. The suspension arms were cracked. a $69 dollar weld job later...

3. The back tunnel was cracked and welded by drunken blind monkeys under the influence of cocaine.

4. Motor mounts- do you know how difficult it is to find one?

Overall, we had our work cut out, especially for two 50-something year-old men and an 18 senior in high school.

0114132111a.jpg download.jpg download (1).jpg

K

kyle28

Jun 26, 2012
Bigfork Montana
sounds like quite the sled you bought! It will be great when you are done with it and you got 3 people to work on it. keep the pics comin

vwsprite

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2008
mazama, wa
did you find a motor mount? if not pm me i think i have one, full base unit, put that motor in my dragon w/ an aerocharger! tough little sob

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
Oh my that back end looks pretty thrashed. You will be better off trying to find a fab shop or buddy with a simple four foot break. A new peice will be much stronger and last. I bet it would only be around 100$ for it to be done. I might have some motor mounts on a shelf somewhere also. Not sure i would trust the welded trailing arm too far, you might want to be prepared to find new. If you search patiently you will find a nice used aftrrmarket set
Also, is that a piece of nylon strap on the front of the suspension? Your gong to want a real factory strap there. The nylon wont take the abuse

Last edited:
Thanks Kyle28! We finally got the opportunity to take it out this weekend in a foot 1/2 of fresh, we're a bit spoiled...:) Anyways, the aluminum we put in works great, lighter and stronger than the steel we were looking at using before. Overall, this sled rips. Also, that nylon strap worked great. It's an aftermarket(not sure who) but it works fantastic. Pics soon.

Premium Features