• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

polaris 120

C
Feb 13, 2012
helena MT
hello everybody i need some help if you all dont mind i have a 99 polaris 120 that my kids ride and the engine siezed up on it i cant pull the eng over with the pull rope and i cant turn it over from the pto side either and there is no spark plug in it my qustion is the engine appears to be no more then a brigs and startain lawn mower engine with a polaris sticker on it i was wondering if that is the case and if so can i find anther lawn mower engin with the same type of engine mounts and put that in or is it a polaris spacific engine that they put in them any help would be great thanks all

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
I stuch a Harbor Freight 212 in mine. Basically a knock off a Honda motor. Cost $99. Works great. Could use a little deeper float bowl on the carb if doing a lot of wheeling. Hardest part is tweaking w/ the steering to make it work. Way more power than the 120.

H1Pilot

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Contact RecMotor.com. Don't spend any money fixing the stock engine to stock specs. You can buy a larger bolt-in engine and possibly get a credit for the stock motor from recmotor.com. They know their stuff...period.

P

poliguy

Oct 1, 2009
south east idaho
i stuck a harbor freight special in mine as well not that hard to do just take your time. the only problem i have is that it dosnt have a lighting circuit so no head lamps ar hand warmers thought about putting the lighting coils out of the stock motor in the harbor freight predator engine but do not know if the fly wheels will interchange. cheapest and best bang for your buck if it blows up again your only out 100 bucks and some time.

Premium Features