• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 XM

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
Been running the new XM all season.. This is a great sled!!

Installed a Skinz Can and this works well on this engine.. No runnability issues whatsoever.. Highly recommened can

All in all, the new XM is a very fun sled!! Not a huge power-house (we are fixing to change that) but the track and chassis work very well..

Great sled!!

Stay tuned for the 860 ETEC!

Last edited:

cadams

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2009
ND
What do you consider a power house then? It has the most horsepower from the factory than any other brand...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

cadams

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2009
ND
There has been a plethora of tests conducted on the "stock can vs. aftermarket can" on the etec "power house" and not any one of the aftermarket cans out performs the factory pipe and can set up

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
MANY of the aftermarket cans actually hinder performance.. We do strict testing to find cans that do not hinder performance.

ANYTIME a can maker claims HP gain with a can, be cautioned... Cans are nothing more than a bleed valve... The critcial power dimension areas are in the PIPE, not the silencer...

We have found the Skinz and Jaws silencers to be the best out there.. Again, if HP gains are claimed with use of the can... Be wery....

T
Aug 8, 2011
Kelsey is not saying the etec does not run well...he is saying that it is not a powerhouse when compared to a strong running mod.

I have my own 860 kit working very very well on my xm and I will back up his statement. The stock xm is not anywhere close to a strong 860. If the 860 is a "powerhouse" then the stock 800 most certainly is not. It does work well though

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
Kelsey is not saying the etec does not run well...he is saying that it is not a powerhouse when compared to a strong running mod.

I have my own 860 kit working very very well on my xm and I will back up his statement. The stock xm is not anywhere close to a strong 860. If the 860 is a "powerhouse" then the stock 800 most certainly is not. It does work well though
I don't know any body that would do a big bore if you could make a stock run as hard as a BB.Just saying apples for apples the e-tec is very strong.FYI Were trying diffrent ramps, spring and helix combo .I will PM the results.:yo:

T
Aug 8, 2011
I don't know any body that would do a big bore if you could make a stock run as hard as a BB.Just saying apples for apples the e-tec is very strong.FYI Were trying diffrent ramps, spring and helix combo .I will PM the results.:yo:

But you can't make an 800 run as good as a big bore in similar state of tune.

Let me know how that setup works.

Premium Features