• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Broken T-Flex motion.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Anybody else has problems with their t-motion.

Took this picture from off a friend who posted it. Not sure if it was the bolt or arm that broke, but will find out!

Anyway here's a picture of after they fixed it.

View attachment 194400

-lenny-

Lifetime Membership
Jan 29, 2011
Whitecourt, Alberta
attachment.php

Timbersled skid?

:face-icon-small-ton

D

dropitbuster

Nov 28, 2007
Terrace B.C.
Got any pictures of the bolt?

Also what were the circumstances? Big jump, bumpy trail? Not sure if it matters but what length of track? Also was it cold :face-icon-small-ton?

S

SUMMITREV

Oct 24, 2008
Baker, OR
BRP should have a 'clamp' to stop this from happening at dealerships by early next week. :face-icon-small-ton

can you clarify any more on what this clamp is. I'm asuming your talking about a recall fix for us. Just wondering how a clamp is going to fix a broken bolt. But sounds like it is most likely not a bolt as there is no "weldings" on a bolt. Thanks for any info. Guys like (Rob Alford, Geoff Kyle, Dan Treadway) all launched this sled all last year and many others this year with no issues so i'm very curious.

F

FireDog14

Dec 31, 2011
Nine Mile Falls, WA
can you clarify any more on what this clamp is. I'm asuming your talking about a recall fix for us. Just wondering how a clamp is going to fix a broken bolt. But sounds like it is most likely not a bolt as there is no "weldings" on a bolt. Thanks for any info. Guys like (Rob Alford, Geoff Kyle, Dan Treadway) all launched this sled all last year and many others this year with no issues so i'm very curious.

I think he was being a smart *** about the clamp fix from Polaris for the drive shaft.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
What is weldings on a bolt.

Not really sure what he meant by that, i wasnt there so couldnt see it for myself and thats the only picture he got. On a second tought, he could be meaning the weldings for the eye the bolt goes through.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Got any pictures of the bolt?

Also what were the circumstances? Big jump, bumpy trail? Not sure if it matters but what length of track? Also was it cold :face-icon-small-ton?

No more pictures than this, sorry. He was riding bumpy trail, 154" Summit with around 12miles on it. Not very cold no.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
I think you need way more info before you start a sh*t storm. Weldings on a bolt? Weldings on the hole that the bolt goes thru?? WTF are weldings?

Bolts are solid, they are machined. Holes aren't weldinged :)P) they are drilled.

I have heard nothing but great things about the XM. No complaints. This is the first and I'm betting that there is more to the story. Punched a rock or a log and doesn't wanna admit it or something. Stuff just doesnt break on a sled riding on a bumpy trail.

Premium Features