• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

grip n rip braces

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
anyone install these on there xm yet? how hard of an install are they? i bent my s module so the ski is 1.5 - 2" back. i was thinking about putting it on a frame hoist and pulling it back and installing the braces. will it work?

yammyman_1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 10, 2010
Sturgeon County, Alberta
They're super easy to install. 2 or 3 hrs. If you can get it really close to square then it probably could be done... But keep in mind that you'll have to undo your lower a arms to get the braces on. If it were me I'd get it fixed properly, most likely everything including the a arms will be really tight and possibly binding enough to create more problems. (Worn bushings, shocks, etc.)
It'll be pulling back in the direction it was tweaked forever after this. You could always try it first and if its not working replace the module... I bent two flying nuns on my 07 XRS and replaced them myself both times. Its not hard but definitely time consuming. (About the same measurements as yours.)

M

mtn mike on boost

Nov 26, 2007
Woodinville,WA
you are going to need some heat to
get it to move if it is indeed bent.
if you know a good bodyman, nows
the time to call in that favor,if its
not done right, you could do more
harm than good

T
Jan 3, 2008
nelson bc
lol reverse the impact!!!

i tryed hooking up a chain to my pushed back a-arm on my 2009 and pinning it in reverse, (reversing the impact) ,,,, ya,,,, split my s module right in half lol. although it did straighten everything. i'd suggest taking it appart and fixing it properly. if tweaked bad enough, you could throw your clutches out of alignment and really have some problems on your hands. i think these braces are a great idea!

T
Aug 8, 2011
i tryed hooking up a chain to my pushed back a-arm on my 2009 and pinning it in reverse, (reversing the impact) ,,,, ya,,,, split my s module right in half lol. although it did straighten everything. i'd suggest taking it appart and fixing it properly. if tweaked bad enough, you could throw your clutches out of alignment and really have some problems on your hands. i think these braces are a great idea!

Use a nylon strap. A chain is to solid. Get it back square and alignment will not be an issue. I have fixed a number of them this way.

Measure from the drop bracket to the center of the ski bolt. When you get it back close use a block of wood and a hammer at the base of the spindle for the final adjustment.

IMO even if you are planning to replace the pieces you should straighten the chassis as best you can before disassembly.

Premium Features