• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Z-120 needs some speed

W
Dec 1, 2007
WYOMING
So my kids 2001 Z-120 runs great and works well for him, but the top speed of 8mph is not going to cut it for long.

Can I get some ideas or ways to speed this little baby up for him.

thanks!

U

utah340six

Dec 4, 2008
need for speed

the one we got fpr GS lasted 1 day.
the way to get more speed a SNO SCOOT with lt conversion.
how old are kids

C
Oct 29, 2008
Recreational MotorSports has lots of options for these sleds. With a Governer spring change and gearing I had my Polaris doing 16-17mph.
Still wasn't enough though so I put a Briggs Animal Motor in it and it will easily do 30mph.
So depending on how old/big your kids are then you may want to look at a Sno-Scoot.
I modified my Biys seat by adding 3" of foam and added 3" to the handle bars. He is a tall kid and it fits him perfect now and maybe another year and then it's onto the Wifes Indy 340 for him.

96j

Oct 13, 2008
nw iowa

Did a speed up kit on my sons z120. I did a search for z120 performance on the internet. The kit came with a new better clutch, bigger back sprocket, and smaller chain. It doubled the speed. I have a 9 and 6 year old made it a lot more fun, plus they can pull each other around on a sled

greeneman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 9, 2001
Fairbanks Alaska
Lots you can do.
1. bypass governor, if you are going to do this long term take engine apart and remove plastic gear.
2. Gearing. Try something in the 36 range on the rear.
3. Speed kit from rec will get you alittle more. But if you need more for the money get the new briggs spec motor.

Premium Features