• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tunnel bags (LinQ)- Which size?

R
Feb 29, 2012
vancouver
For those of you bought the LinQ Tunnel bag for your XM, which size did you buy?

The short one or the bigger one? The bigger one from I've seen seems very tall/narrow, but i assume holds more?

Thanks!

S

SUMMITREV

Oct 24, 2008
Baker, OR
Looks are deceiving. The small one is actually pretty good size. The nice thing about the small one if it's not full when it's collapsed down it's still fairly small. I personally would not want the bigger one on a mountain sled after seeing how big the little one is.

S

SUMMITREV

Oct 24, 2008
Baker, OR
is that the 'short' version?

Referring to the bag? It is the smaller of the two bag options. Also it does fit the shovel in the bag plus more gear. However I think it's pointless to carry shovel on the sled it should be in your backpack cause in an avalanche situation your sled may be buried or 100's of yards downhill.

sanity

Premium Member
Oct 26, 2010
Snoqualmie, WA
I think the one I got is labeled a "medium", which I assume is the larger but I haven't seen any other size at the dealer. It fits a shovel and more. I'm thinking of getting another for the occasional overnight trip.

However I think it's pointless to carry shovel on the sled
I like having a shovel in the tunnel bag as well as in my backpack. That way I don't have to deal with taking my backpack on/off in most circumstances yet I still cover the situation where I have a shovel if my sled is inaccessible.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Bought one of each for 2 XMs. Love how the bags work, hate how they look. Lol. I also really like how easy it is to take off and put on. We usually bring the bags in after a ride to dry everything off and reload them for the next day. I won't be storing my shovel inside. Everything would get soaked. Really wish there was an easy way to pack a shovel outside the bag or on the tunnel of the XM.

S

skooter

Dec 11, 2007
Montana
. However I think it's pointless to carry shovel on the sled it should be in your backpack cause in an avalanche situation your sled may be buried or 100's of yards downhill.[/QUOTE]

Are you going to reach around and grab your shovel out of your backpack and dig your self out when you are buried ?

A
Nov 16, 2012
I have a 12 154" freeride which I installed the linq system. I love it. If you're going to put the jerry can on with the bag you'll need to buy the small bag for the big bag doesn't fit w jerry can.

B

blk9038

Aug 8, 2011
puyallup/edgewood
i have found that the small bag holds alot and i usually bring extra tools for the group and with the 25 lbs of stuff in it and full jerry can i found in deep powder best to remove both when attacking big hills otherwise the xm seems to trench about 4 ft trenches with the extra weight on tail end and really makes it hard for others to follow.:face-icon-small-hap

S

skooter

Dec 11, 2007
Montana
I have a 12 154" freeride which I installed the linq system. I love it. If you're going to put the jerry can on with the bag you'll need to buy the small bag for the big bag doesn't fit w jerry can.

I have the big bag and jerry can on my sled and they fit fine.

R
Feb 29, 2012
vancouver
went with the smaller (short) bag and love it.

now just need to pick up a riserbag.

DSC01503.jpg

DSC01505.jpg

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
i went with the medium, bigger, one and love it. plenty of room for all the crap i use to carry in my backpack. now just my shovel, saw in the backpack and my back loves it. i guess the size you want is dictated by how much crap you want to pack in there...

S

SilverGriz

Oct 22, 2004
Hayden, ID
I went with the smaller one. It does get quite a bit taller with the expandable sides if needed. I have tools, a saw, gloves, and a second shovel in mine. There is still room for more.

J
Dec 2, 2012
Anyone have the large duffle bag? I would love to see a picture of that on a sled without the rear cargo rack. I use my sled for work, and looking at snow checking a 2014. It would be great to pack all my tools in a large bag that was built for the back of the tunnel.

Premium Features