• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Muff pot or hot dogger

Hawkeye

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Toledo, Iowa
picked up my XM today, with the stock can has anyone mounted a cooker of any type? Looks impossible to me, need my hot smokies

SledGuru

Lifetime Membership
May 9, 2008
WY 307
Muff pot all the way, I dunno about on stock can tho I went aftermarket and there is plenty of room

ROKRIG

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2012
I picked up a 'Hot Dogger' after I was shown how you can stick it on the pipe on the driver left side. Have to remove the belt cover to access but it's doable.

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
I picked up a 'Hot Dogger' after I was shown how you can stick it on the pipe on the driver left side. Have to remove the belt cover to access but it's doable.

Throw a pic up, wanted to do a can but the xm runs so awesome I dont want to mess with a can.

ROKRIG

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2012
Got the 'Hotdogger' installed. I found it considerably easier to clamp it down to the exhaust once I removed the complete upper hood unit. Getting to the clamp screw from the side of the sled w/ the hood on was a PIA!

Will try it out over the next several days and report back.

JaxSledz

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2010
Snoqualmie, Wa
Well once you get that muff pot installed you'll want my snackerpackers for your smokies.

http://www.snackerpackers.com
I have a Hot Pot mounted on top of the SLP can , love it ! The oven bags are an awesome way to go. What are the measurements of the snackerpackers oven bags ?

BTW .. we always have little smokies with BBQ sauce in one sled and Costco Bourbon Chicken in the other ... occasionally pre-cooked shrimp with butter and garlic. Throw a few tooth pick in the bottom of the hotpot .. easy and awesome

S

skidoo_guy

Nov 26, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Throw a pic up, wanted to do a can but the xm runs so awesome I dont want to mess with a can.

Just looked last night and there is no way the muffpot is going to come out the clutch side. It won't even come out without figuring in trying to work it around the cradle. Didn't think to try taking it out the exhaust side, but doubt it will fit there either.

SledGimp

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
Heber, UT
muff pot for sure, and mount it to the just in front of the y-pipe. move your spare belt to your pack.

S

skidoo_guy

Nov 26, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Got the 'Hotdogger' installed. I found it considerably easier to clamp it down to the exhaust once I removed the complete upper hood unit. Getting to the clamp screw from the side of the sled w/ the hood on was a PIA!

Will try it out over the next several days and report back.

A muffpot for sure won't fit out the side.

attachment.php

2012-12-29 10.46.14.jpg

ROKRIG

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2012
Uggh, the 'Hotdogger' was a pain in the *** in Idaho this last week. Finally just took it off as it kept loosening up and sliding over against the chassis (buzzing, rattling). Where you see it mounted is the only positioning I could find that would still allow me to access/remove/replace it from the side once once the side panel was open and belt cover removed.

Definitely need an aftermarket can on the XM.

Nevertheless, here is how I had mounted the 'Hotdogger' (prior to removing it)

IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

Premium Features