• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ds-2 ski opinions

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Wondering how all the new xm owners are liking the ds2 skis?

Yella Belly

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Yakima, WA
only one complaint, the sno bunjie wont fit. :) otherwise they seem great

Been that way for awhile! :face-icon-small-fro I just hook on teh a-arm, and seems to work just as well. I don't know why they keep giving us such a large ski loop??????

Yella Belly

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Yakima, WA
The flatter tail seems to do much better with not wanting to keep cutting up the hill. Just as they said it would. Came off the 11, and it was a bit tough to move up and back down the hill. You almost had to just bail out to go back down. The 13 with the DS2 skis I can work up, and back down, and back up, all day if the hill will allow. Of course the spindle was changed also so it has a bit different caster angle also. The two changes together work great in my opinion. They have a kit for the pre 13 sleds with spindles, and skis for right at 400 If I remember right. If your skis are toast, might be worth the investment to upgrade both. The DS1 will not work right with the new spindle, but just changing that ski on the older sleds from the pilot twin runner makes a big difference. They say the DS2 is not good for the old spindle so if you are thinking of changing, make sure what you are getting from the dealer.

Yella':yo:

Superduty348

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
BC
I like them better than the ds1 s , it doesn't turn up the the hill when you are sidehilling and get on the gas, getting better

Premium Features