• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Noticable Difference from '12 XP to XM

S
Oct 8, 2009
Winter Park
Took out a '13 SP 154 800 today, along with a '12 800 154 to compare them side by side. (I'm a dealer) I have to say, there is a noticable difference in handling from one to the other. With the sway bar connected on both, the XM was easier to to lay over, but not by much. I took the sway bar off the XM, and it was almost effortless to side hill and powder carve. I rode a 2013 PRO same day, and while similar in manuverability with the sway bar off, the Ski Doo had noticabley more power and torque. FYI, the polaris bumped a hidden log and it bent the frame! I don't mind riding a sled 40 pounds heavier to have a more solid frame with more support.

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
Took my XM 800X 154 out today on its first ride and I feel it is night and day difference from my 12 SP. with sway bar in it could everything better and easier than the XP. My buddy that rides a pro was blown away by the new XM and how easy it was to maneuver compared to his. Ski-doo has hit a home run w this sled!

chas57006

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Brookings SD
I have a 12 146X and my wife has a new 2013 146XM.
Went out for the first ride yesterday.
After we put about 20 miles on I rode her sled for a few miles and I could notice an immediate difference. Felt like it pulled harder and handled a little easier than my 12.

Charlie

B

blk9038

Aug 8, 2011
puyallup/edgewood
we went out last sat and it was my first ride on anything newer than a 04 rev with 159 track or a polaris 10 dragon with 163 and my friend with the 163 dragon was blown away by the 154 xm also and when his 163 got stuck sidehilling my 154 sidehilled perfect for the 1st attempt to rescue him (also caught on gopro) shure sucks up the whoops better and can't wait to go play in the deep stuff again tomarrow. so gotta get the rest of them easy breakin miles on it , shure was set up just for me seemed perfect even jumping can't wait. and while i never rode any of the other etech models i looked at the running boards on that 13 xm and no need to buy better boards or anything a major selling point. i have been working on my 04 rev for 1 year to get it where it is today and will be my best backup machine now.

Premium Features