• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

youth helment

wyogeorge

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Not sure this belongs here but I thought it might get more attention. I have a 2 yr old and will be getting a 120 for christmas. I am wondering about a helment that will grow with him for a few years. Is there any out there that you can replace the liner for a couple sizes?

Thanks

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
We had to start out with a small youth downhill ski type helmet just so the weight was not an issue. These and a pair of goggles was about all we could find.

I ended up making a fleece neck wrap for a buddies kid that was form fit for his chin. That way, the helmet strap would keep it up snug to his jawbone since the helmet provided no protection down that low.

V

Vinnee

Dec 24, 2010
Though I am not a fan of full face shield helmets for adults. I will admit that the face shield helmet we had for our kids was awesome! You don't have to mess with goggles and they can quickly flip the shield up and down. It worked really well and the kids have much better (full) visibility! Ya, and if your lucky, you'll get two seasons on a kids helmet. Those little bugars grow fast! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Premium Features