• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

872 etec

T
Aug 8, 2011
Has anyone gotten a chance to test the Trigger 872etec package on an XM? My XM absolutely rips for a stock sled with a can...I cant believe how well it works on the hill. Im thinking a big bore that works well could make it the perfect sled. Any input? Track speed in deep snow?

And what about his coolant rail is so trick and different exactly?

Thanks!

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
You need to get a hold of Delmar at Star Valley Skidoo 1 (307) 883-2714, they have been working with the 872 for a while, and where involved with a lot of the testing. They should be able get you the answers you are looking for.

You need to get a hold of Delmar at Star Valley Skidoo 1 (307) 883-2714, they have been working with the 872 for a while, and where involved with a lot of the testing. They should be able get you the answers you are looking for.

I rode/raced an 872 Trygstad etech built by Del for a couple months last year and It absolutely ripped! I could not believe the smoothness on the powerband also. I love that motor!

Call Delmar and he can tell you everything about it.

Jay

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
i have heard that the RK 860 is the best big bore for the ski doo, and was thinking about getting it. anyone heard which one is better?

The problem with Rk Tek at the moment is that he is just now getting around to working with the E-tec. Where as Trygstad has at least 2-3 years on the E-tec.

U

Unklsnomobile

Nov 30, 2007
The problem with Rk Tek at the moment is that he is just now getting around to working with the E-tec. Where as Trygstad has at least 2-3 years on the E-tec.

According to trystads website, over three years they made 7 kits. I would think there would be way more by now.

Visi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Paradise, CA
Curious who makes the pipe. Only draw back is the stock can. Only $400 more for a BB though. Curious how the pipe runs on the BB and if the can still is an issue.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
My dealer has these kits in stock and one is going in their demo. No fuel controller required and it a pump gas kit. The stock exhaust is the best performer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is getting funny with who to believe already. Quote from Trygstad "On all E-tec vehicles we recommend only the stock muffler.
All marketed cans-silencers tested loose power and hurt performance on this model, No Y-pipes tested are worth installing ( 6HP gain Y-pipes do not exist) We've tested them all !"

Do they mean on the 872 kit or a stock E-tec as well?

E

Ed Fast

Jan 22, 2004
Gillette WYO
Seriously dude? You just answered your own question.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yeah seriously that is why I asked. Trygstad builds hilclimb motors and there are alot of rules. I assume that exhaust mods might change classes although IDK. The other and main reason I asked is because I own this motor and did not own a stock can as I chucked it when I put a can on it. Thanks for the help

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
It is getting funny with who to believe already. Quote from Trygstad "On all E-tec vehicles we recommend only the stock muffler.
All marketed cans-silencers tested loose power and hurt performance on this model, No Y-pipes tested are worth installing ( 6HP gain Y-pipes do not exist) We've tested them all !"

Do they mean on the 872 kit or a stock E-tec as well?

It says etec no?
This is no secret, the stock exhaust is the most consistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features