• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What Shocks?

3C Guiding

Dec 9, 2010
Laramie Wy.
Exit is the only way to go with all around riding. Take jumps, drops then go ride trees and climb without changing anything. Pm me if you want some more info.

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
Exit is the only way to go with all around riding. Take jumps, drops then go ride trees and climb without changing anything. Pm me if you want some more info.
U think the t-motion will last with heavy valving? Loved my exits from last year and will be putting them on my 13 xm.

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Do Raptor shocks from the XP fit the XM? Don't see anything XM specific on Raptor's website.

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
Anybody try putting different shocks in the tmotion yet? Wondering if the fit is exactly the same as 2010-11-12 summits.

D
Mar 3, 2008
Anybody try putting different shocks in the tmotion yet? Wondering if the fit is exactly the same as 2010-11-12 summits.

in the skidoo cataloge the kit to convert your 10,11,or12,summit to tmotion doesnt include shocks , so i would think theyre the same

wileybird

Premium Member
Feb 20, 2011
Has anybody ever used fox evol shocks on there sled! They look nice but are definatly spendy! I really liked them on my 2011 article cat but wanna try em on my xm

B

Bburrap

Dec 1, 2008
Squamish BC
I've done the Fox thing.

Has anybody ever used fox evol shocks on there sled! They look nice but are definatly spendy! I really liked them on my 2011 article cat but wanna try em on my xm

Yeah I had a full Fox set up on my old XP that I just sold off. Sold my XP with Evol R up front and a X and a Float in the rear, if they were worth it I would have swapped them onto my XM, but all I can say is meh...very pricey and I wouldn't do it again. Too finicky for the set up(temperature and elevation can make it annoying), sheaths are far too exposed a few good nicks and their done!
Fox has a lot of hype behind them and advertising, think thats what your paying for mostly!! IMO

I've heard really good things about this other company ELKA http://www.elkasuspension.com
On my XM I'm going to go with Elka I think, apparently they have great customer service and a good product I'm told. Cheaper too

Hope that helps.

B
Oct 22, 2012
Shocks

Exits all the way. Lots of years under these sleds in race and back country conditions without a single problem. Specific to rider weight and good pricing on rear shocks. There prices came down on rear shocks this season. :face-icon-small-hap

wileybird

Premium Member
Feb 20, 2011
Yeah I had a full Fox set up on my old XP that I just sold off. Sold my XP with Evol R up front and a X and a Float in the rear, if they were worth it I would have swapped them onto my XM, but all I can say is meh...very pricey and I wouldn't do it again. Too finicky for the set up(temperature and elevation can make it annoying), sheaths are far too exposed a few good nicks and their done!
Fox has a lot of hype behind them and advertising, think thats what your paying for mostly!! IMO

I've heard really good things about this other company ELKA http://www.elkasuspension.com
On my XM I'm going to go with Elka I think, apparently they have great customer service and a good product I'm told. Cheaper too

Hope that helps.

thanks for the info!!

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
Putting my exit shocks in my xm tmotion and the rear shock bottom bolt bushing is different is this an item that comes with the tmotion kit for older sleds. Must have a different bushing kit eh?

R

RPS

May 5, 2011
The shock lengths are the same between the XP and XM but due to the new geometry our cal is different between the two. If you look close you will see the control rod on the rear shock has been moved from below the shock on the XP up to the pivot axis on the XM. These changes along with a 5/8 shock shaft being about .010 from the rear torque arm has forced us to offset the upper eyelet for more shaft clearance. Our initial testing in the field has showed that there will be significant changes between our 2012 and 2013 packages and at this point we’re happy with what we see but we haven’t tested in enough conditions to release this kit to our customers. If you have questions let us know. Thanks Jake ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
The shock lengths are the same between the XP and XM but due to the new geometry our cal is different between the two. If you look close you will see the control rod on the rear shock has been moved from below the shock on the XP up to the pivot axis on the XM. These changes along with a 5/8 shock shaft being about .010 from the rear torque arm has forced us to offset the upper eyelet for more shaft clearance. Our initial testing in the field has showed that there will be significant changes between our 2012 and 2013 packages and at this point we’re happy with what we see but we haven’t tested in enough conditions to release this kit to our customers. If you have questions let us know. Thanks Jake ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
Thanks, so the rear shock (exit with 5/8 shaft) to me looks like it will fit after new bushing is cut but I guess not so? Would you have an eyelet available for an exit shock. I am actually comin up to lotw for a fishing trip this weekend, then off to togwotee next tues, any chance I could get it ironed out by then?

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
Thanks, so the rear shock (exit with 5/8 shaft) to me looks like it will fit after new bushing is cut but I guess not so? Would you have an eyelet available for an exit shock. I am actually comin up to lotw for a fishing trip this weekend, then off to togwotee next tues, any chance I could get it ironed out by then?

So I did go and look again the arm hits the shaft. When will your shocks be available? Thanks for the help.

R

RPS

May 5, 2011
I’m not sure why they would build them this tight? I think what they’re trying to do is crank the shock harder than what they have in the past and since they moved the control rods up (lower) there motion ratio might have fallen off some so they’re trying to make it up at the torque arm. Looks like this was done to eliminate some cost (weight) just a guess but isn’t that how it usually works..? As far as your Exit shock I can’t help you there but keep checking in with us I’m sure we will have it baked in 3-4 weeks. Thanks Jake <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
I’m not sure why they would build them this tight? I think what they’re trying to do is crank the shock harder than what they have in the past and since they moved the control rods up (lower) there motion ratio might have fallen off some so they’re trying to make it up at the torque arm. Looks like this was done to eliminate some cost (weight) just a guess but isn’t that how it usually works..? As far as your Exit shock I can’t help you there but keep checking in with us I’m sure we will have it baked in 3-4 weeks. Thanks Jake ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
Thanks for the info. When I did reinstall skid with stock shocks the rear arm does not hit the shaft but is close. I may try moving rear scissors back 3/4" that may give me enough clearance. Anyone else in the same boat?

Premium Features