• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Warranty for the xm worth it?

medicman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Spokane
Hey guys, thinking about getting the new xm and wondering if the extended warranty is worth it or not. Don't plan on Any big mods other than a can and running redline synthetic oil along with a clutch kit later down the road! What's your thoughts???

R

rmk01r1der

Apr 30, 2008
ND
Idk who your dealer is but I would ask them about running that oil before you put it in your sled. I know on my 11 etec if I would run anything but the Skidoo synthetic pretty sure the warranty would be voided. (This could have changed though)

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Always take the free extended warranty option when you get a new sled. What good does a free wrap do ya when the motor blows? Plus if and when you sell it, the extended warranty helps the new buyer feel more comfortable about buying it. Which helps sell it.

On a side not skidoo can not void your warranty based solely on oil. As long as the oil being used meets the requirement for the Etec then you are fine.

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
There's no such thing as enough warranty... The E-tec is technology that few if any will be able to repair in their garages. Take the free upgrade and buy as much warranty as you can afford.....

D
Feb 20, 2009
Where to?

And when the bulkhead doesn't crush and absorb an impact, what behind and or in front of it is going to be crushed by the force of impact ............ something is gonna' bust: "what do you want to have bust," that is the question?

There's no such thing as enough warranty... The E-tec is technology that few if any will be able to repair in their garages. Take the free upgrade and buy as much warranty as you can afford.....

Premium Features