• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mandatory location and price for swapmeet items

greenspeed

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Anchorage, AK
Hey,

So this isn't really a tough concept to grasp, but can the admin staff lay down some ground rules for the swapmeet section and force people to post a location, price, and picture for their for sale items. It's kind of old when the first 4 posts in every thread ask for this...

I haven't been on a forum where this isn't the standard, and if enforcement's an issue I can step up and help out on monitoring this.

Basically lay the ground rules or create a drop down box that appears on every for sale thread that has (FS, WTT, WTB, FS/WTT) then the states in another box, adding the Canadian providences as well.

Just a suggestion :face-icon-small-coo

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Personally I think the entire swap meet area is BS.

knowone goes looking their. (well some do, and I have) but for the most part 90% of the crap I have purchase on this site is because I seen it in another section of SW. Example, If I am looking through the turbo section and a guy has some turbo parts for sale, even though I may not need anything, and I see something that interests me Ill send them a PM and try and get it. But I would NEVER go to the turbo section of the swap meet to find it. I just am not in the market, but if a deal is in front of me go for it.

I think getting to many rules and you MUST to this or MUST do that is overkill.

If I want pictures I may ask, and I may want them emailed to me anyway.

So whatever works.

But I want to post my for sale crap in the sled sections personally.

Thunder

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I think people police it themselves pretty well.
If something is missing, they get called out quickly.

If you click on the red "classifieds" link above, you will have mandatory post rules on those.

greenspeed

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Anchorage, AK
I think people police it themselves pretty well.
If something is missing, they get called out quickly.

If you click on the red "classifieds" link above, you will have mandatory post rules on those.

Shouldn't have to post whore to shout out to people to get them to post the information in the first place.

This isn't nam Scott this is snowest there are rules :face-icon-small-ton

well there should be rules. I find this odd that being on 5-6 forums and snowest is the only one this is a problem on, everywhere else the mods ninja kick the Op in the face and lock the **** down, here it flows out for a few weeks just flooding the swapmeet section with spamming TTT's and people asking for a price, location, or picture, over and over and over and over again :face-icon-small-fro

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Shouldn't have to post whore to shout out to people to get them to post the information in the first place.

This isn't nam Scott this is snowest there are rules :face-icon-small-ton

well there should be rules. I find this odd that being on 5-6 forums and snowest is the only one this is a problem on, everywhere else the mods ninja kick the Op in the face and lock the **** down, here it flows out for a few weeks just flooding the swapmeet section with spamming TTT's and people asking for a price, location, or picture, over and over and over and over again :face-icon-small-fro

the "classified" section above fixes all of that. But it's rarely used.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Eh, I think you may need to lay off the coffee, LOL. (Alaska will do that do you.)
The swapmeet has gone to hell in many ways, I have given my PP info out to 7 or 8 people in the last week who say they are buying something from me, one has paid. So I pulled my ads, quit making Snowesters deals and all my stuff goes to Ebay for full price. I value my time, eveidntly others have time to burn.
Something to think about: If someone doesn't post a pic, they won't get the sale, regardless of the great deal. If you PM the guy or email him, he sends you a pic, YOU get the great deal! I prefer guys to not post pics.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
What I really want to know, is does anyone actually sell any of the sleds in the sled for sale section? Talk about people being proud of their stuff.....
Last two sleds I bought were a beautiful 06 700 RMK for $2600 and an 09 800RMK with brand new top end for $3500. The section here has similar for 50%-90% more than that.

Premium Features