• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dan Adams NXT LVL Clinics Register now!

I

IdahoPowderHound

Jul 3, 2008
Alpine Wyoming
We are happy to announce that our new and improved website is up and going. We are now in Open Enrolment so register now! Visit the link below it will take you to the website. Any questions or concerns you can PM me. If your ready for a backcountry experience of a lifetime and are looking to improve your deep backcountry skills then its time to take it to the NEXT LEVEL!! See you on the snow!

rick5150

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2012
mpls
What's better to get some info..talk to you? Email thru website? Just call or?
Pm me if you would..thanks

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I booked 3 slots for the Dec 27 and 28th class. I am going to book a class in late March too, just in case the snow comes late this year. Interesting that all the classes are 2 days this year and not 3. I would guess that most people were shot in 2 days and basically sat on their sleds for a lot of the 3rd day. We always train up for the classes and try and get their in the best shape we can be in. The classes are very physical, especially when you are learning the techniques and use muscle instead of technique.

I

IdahoPowderHound

Jul 3, 2008
Alpine Wyoming
Yes we are doing two day corses and narrowing down the size of the classes also. it was a bit much doing 3 day corses with up to 15 people with three instructors last year. Most people want to do clinics for two days and then ride for a day or two after that either on there own or a guided trip through us. We always encourage people to be in decent shape when they come to our clinics. It is snowmobile boot camp when you come. People travel long distances and pay good money to come learn at our clinics so no one sits around while were on the clock:face-icon-small-ton
It is very important that you have good cardio as we will be at fairly high elevation(7-9k) durring clinics. Lots of people show up that are in decent shape but have poor cardio and are spent by early afternoon of the first day. So get out, jog a mile before or after work atleast 3 days a week. Do this from now till december and you will be amazed at your energy level when your our riding this coming winter. When you spend 8 hours at 8 thousand feet wrestling a 500 plus pound machine around its important that you come prepared both physically and mentally. :rockon:

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
If you ride Doo, it only feels like 400.
:)

Yes we are doing two day corses and narrowing down the size of the classes also. it was a bit much doing 3 day corses with up to 15 people with three instructors last year. Most people want to do clinics for two days and then ride for a day or two after that either on there own or a guided trip through us. We always encourage people to be in decent shape when they come to our clinics. It is snowmobile boot camp when you come. People travel long distances and pay good money to come learn at our clinics so no one sits around while were on the clock:face-icon-small-ton
It is very important that you have good cardio as we will be at fairly high elevation(7-9k) durring clinics. Lots of people show up that are in decent shape but have poor cardio and are spent by early afternoon of the first day. So get out, jog a mile before or after work atleast 3 days a week. Do this from now till december and you will be amazed at your energy level when your our riding this coming winter. When you spend 8 hours at 8 thousand feet wrestling a 500 plus pound machine around its important that you come prepared both physically and mentally. :rockon:

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
Now that I got the sarcastic comment out of the way.
Last year we went to a 3 day Clinic. Had a great time. We arrived early and got to hang out with Dan and the crew for the morning as they prepared for the clinic.

Well truth be told I got the dates messed up so we were there a day early, wondering why the heck we were sitting around not ridding, then we checked the dates and found my error. Tried to play it off like we knew what we were doing. I am almost positive they clinic crew thought we were a little challenged.

They were great to deal with, even though we are very "opinionated", and talked a ton of trash.

It was a blast, I usually do not get to bed before 1-2 AM, After class I was out like a light by 9.
A word of advice, make sure you get to sleep before your snoring roommate, and if you don't make sure you record them snoring on your phone, that way you can make fun of them when you get home.

We will be doing another clinic with Dan this season.
I would recommend you take the time and try it, I am certain you will not regret it, I don't.
Ryan

Last edited:
Premium Features