• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Welcome to Ski-doo Brett Rasmussen

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
This news says to me...

THE NEW ARCTIC CAT STILL SUCKS IN THE MOUNTAINS! Cat doesn't care, it's pretty obvious now!:face-icon-small-sad

And that bumbs me out more than I thought it would!
:crutch::face-icon-small-sad:face-icon-small-sad:face-icon-small-sad

Looks like I'll be riding turbo M8s till Skidoo or Poo figures out how to build a motor that takes to turbo more better!:face-icon-small-dis

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
With Chris behind polaris and Brett behind skidoo I bet the end of AC 2-stroke mountain sleds is near. I hope skidoo will listen to brett like polaris listens to Chris.

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
With Chris behind polaris and Brett behind skidoo I bet the end of AC 2-stroke mountain sleds is near. I hope skidoo will listen to brett like polaris listens to Chris.

AC 2 stroke is going Direct Injection, not all 4 stroke.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Ski Doo already has some great riders influencing their designs but most have been Canadian. Kuster, Treadway, Norona all have their strong points and greatly influence Ski Doos design team. Now they have an American who is part rider/part backyard engineer and I think he will have a ton of influence pushing the XM to new levels of mountainess. 900-1000cc ETEC and lose 50lbs and the XM would be far ahead of the competition in 2014. Just the 50lbs would be awesome with the current ETEC and new track and suspension set up.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
I heard that Arctic Cat just ordered a pallet of plywood.... maybe they are boarding up the place!! :D Lol

Why board up the place? Their profits are record high. They are just turning their back on the mountain segment. The 2012 release was so anticipated and what did they release? a trail sled with a long track. I think Bretts move proves it.

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
Ski Doo already has some great riders influencing their designs but most have been Canadian. Kuster, Treadway, Norona all have their strong points and greatly influence Ski Doos design team. Now they have an American who is part rider/part backyard engineer and I think he will have a ton of influence pushing the XM to new levels of mountainess. 900-1000cc ETEC and lose 50lbs and the XM would be far ahead of the competition in 2014. Just the 50lbs would be awesome with the current ETEC and new track and suspension set up.

I gotta say I'm looking forward to the parts that will become available real soon. Bret is a perfectionist and very innovative. Stoked to see what is coming!!!

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Good for Brett. I couldn't help but think he wasn't happy on the Pro Climb. I don' t know that for certain but I think the XM will be a good platform for him. I'm curious though, doesn't he own an AC shop or have stock in one some how? Does this mean he is becoming a Doo dealer?

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
Good for Brett. I couldn't help but think he wasn't happy on the Pro Climb. I don' t know that for certain but I think the XM will be a good platform for him. I'm curious though, doesn't he own an AC shop or have stock in one some how? Does this mean he is becoming a Doo dealer?

He owned a Cat dealership for 25 or so years but has been out of it for some time now...

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
I gotta say I'm looking forward to the parts that will become available real soon. Bret is a perfectionist and very innovative. Stoked to see what is coming!!!

Wanna explain what you mean? What do you think he will have coming as far as parts go being a innovator? Lol what did he innovate for the 2012 cat? :face-icon-small-dis. He is going to sell a lot of sleds and make more great movies being a wicked rider.

Last edited:
Premium Features