• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

standalone ECU for yamaha nytro all years

nytro standalone ECU ??

• Total voters
Thread Rating
1.00 star(s)
V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
with the launch of our 4 new standalone ECU for polaris (2s)(rzr 4s), artic cat(2s)(4s), we would like to check if there is enough interest for us to start a new ECU for the nytro.

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
with the launch of our 4 new standalone ECU for polaris (2s)(rzr 4s), artic cat(2s)(4s), we would like to check if there is enough interest for us to start a new ECU for the nytro.

I, for one, need a whole lot more info before I would say yes to a standalone. I would love to have a standalone that would work with any boost level, any elevation, any fuel,......you get the idea. But I need to know what the capabilities of this system are before I would be willing to plunk down over 2 grand.

can you give more info, your web page did not give much insight

Thanks
kirk

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
Is that with stock injectors? Or are a secondary set of injectors included? Stock flywheel, etc?

Doesn't One Stop Performance already offer the Vipec for the Nytro and Apex?

OSP have Big Stuff 3, don't know if they have Vi-PEC also, doubt it.
There are other companies with Vi-PEC for Yamaha.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005

I know for a fact they do, I've ridden one on an Apex. :face-icon-small-win
They also have them for the Nytro, they have been developing it for 2-3+ years.

Nytroboost

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
Would this system be much different then the boost it standalone. If so any benifit ?

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
Would this system be much different then the boost it standalone. If so any benifit ?

The Boost-It system is super simple to tune and has been proven reliable, not only on 4 strokes, on two strokes as well. There is tons of customer testimonial on here about how well it works. For mountain riding, I see no better option..

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta

Big stuff 3 on outlaw sleds , whats that OSP box in my sled ? cost more then $2100 :face-icon-small-win

This tread ott to be good

Attachments

• DSC_0015small.JPG
    DSC_0015small.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 246
  • DSC_0022 small.JPG
    DSC_0022 small.JPG
    137 KB · Views: 241
  • DSC_0027 small.JPG
    DSC_0027 small.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
P

pylon

Jan 16, 2009
in the triple slide
Sorry to say but no one is going to want buy a unless you have the proof to back it up that it works !!!! Boosted mountain sledders have been handed quite a few BS systems in the past 6 years . I have gone through 3 my self and love my Boost it system on my nytro .
I am buliding an Nypex right now and would try your system , If it works i buy it if not you take it back . The only reason i would try this instead of Boost it would be the fact id need a apex harness and computer still with boost it .

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
Trying to answer a few questions at a time. Yes OSP are fitting v44 on some nytro and few apex( i think). Any standalone ECU can be fitted on simple motors like yamaha and suzuki(AC)...... The big deal is " tuning it "!! When OSP started the vi-pec project on their sled, sebastien was helping them out a lot at the beggining. Like i said a lot of times, it all depends who s tuning the ECU .if 8 guys from the same area are willing to try it, we will fly and tune it directly at your riding areas and if it is not working, i will get back to my place with the ECU and 0$ to pay..... That is how confident i am( had a nytro mtx heavily modified on a standalone prior to the 2 strOke ecu for polaris coming to market). If interested, send me an email or pm

smwizzz

Lifetime Membership
May 6, 2008
Ft McMurray, AB
Cool

I like to see someone confident in their product. I will agree with other posts... we have tried many systems and been around many systems. It has to work and it has to be tuneable. If it is not tuneable by the consumer it better just work!!! I am one of the switch to BOOST IT guys and am happy. I am not happy with any of the piggy backs. If your system works as well as you say, you will have no problem selling them. I am not in the market presently but I wish you luck and maybe by the time I build my next one you will be the product to have.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007

Is the Boost it really considered a standalone??? I thought all it was is an extra set of injectors that come on when boost goes up, and you control how much fuel they deliver yourself. That is all, right? How is that a standalone?

Not saying it isn't a great product, and work awesome, I think it has proven that it is. I am just confused on what is considered a standalone

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
Trying to answer a few questions at a time. Yes OSP are fitting v44 on some nytro and few apex( i think). Any standalone ECU can be fitted on simple motors like yamaha and suzuki(AC)...... The big deal is " tuning it "!! When OSP started the vi-pec project on their sled, sebastien was helping them out a lot at the beggining. Like i said a lot of times, it all depends who s tuning the ECU .if 8 guys from the same area are willing to try it, we will fly and tune it directly at your riding areas and if it is not working, i will get back to my place with the ECU and 0$ to pay..... That is how confident i am( had a nytro mtx heavily modified on a standalone prior to the 2 strOke ecu for polaris coming to market). If interested, send me an email or pm

Good luck getting 8 guys willing to be ginny pigs , been there done that , lost 3 years of riding . i started my standalone venture with a guy/shop that said he was the North America distributor for Vipec- that was one of the worst ventures of my life , even though he has what seem like a good business tuning rice burners car etc , he was in over his head trying to tune a turbo charge sled for mountain riding.
So in that 3 years with him i called and talked to Jim ( OSP ) many times , as he was the only one i know of that had a standalone running and working and tuned for a apex turboed sled ( Racing ). Out of this Jim (OSP) looked at the Vipec unit as a cheaper ECU for trail and lake sleds ( i think his Big Stuff 3 race ECU set up cost 3X the cost of the Vipec set up ) .
So after 3 years and many burnt down motors with so called good car tuner , i jump ship and had Jim ( OSP) build me a complete engine , turbo system and his standalone ECU ( he used my V88 that i already had ).
He was up front with me in saying that he never tuned a sled for mountain riding , but he was willing to teach me and help me get it set up , this took a full season , if he was here , he could of tuned it faster , but i would not know how too tune it or know how the ECU works , so it was a good learning for me , we never hurt the motor and I THINK THE SLED RIPES.
Even Jim said he does not see or has to deal with the rapid changing condition that we see in the mountain and getting a tune to work that will deal with these condition changes is not easy, but i think i am close and the good thing in learning how to do it myself is i am the only one that has the tune , it costed me 4 years of riding and a lot of money.
If i was doing it again and the boost-it system was on the market back then , i think i know what i would have been doing "RIDING" But it was not on the market then and i was sick and tired of dealing with the sh!t fuel boxes that the turbo kit builders were selling with there kit , did not make sence to spend 1000 of $$ on your engine just to run a fuel box that should not be on my lawn mower.
I will not be buying another turbo kit until the turbo kit builder has a system build , tuned and tested on his dime , ready to sell , i do think that the standalone ECU is the future of turbo sleds , but for now i will injoy driving MINE .:rockon:

Last edited:
V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
Good luck getting 8 guys willing to be ginny pigs , been there done that , lost 3 years of riding . i started my standalone venture with a guy/shop that said he was the North America distributor for Vipec- that was one of the worst ventures of my life , even though he has what seem like a good business tuning rice burners car etc , he was in over his head trying to tune a turbo charge sled for mountain riding.
So in that 3 years with him i called and talked to Jim ( OSP ) many times , as he was the only one i know of that had a standalone running and working and tuned for a apex turboed sled ( Racing ). Out of this Jim (OSP) looked at the Vipec unit as a cheaper ECU for trail and lake sleds ( i think his Big Stuff 3 race ECU set up cost 3X the cost of the Vipec set up ) .
So after 3 years and many burnt down motors with so called good car tuner , i jump ship and had Jim ( OSP) build me a complete engine , turbo system and his standalone ECU ( he used my V88 that i already had ).
He was up front with me in saying that he never tuned a sled for mountain riding , but he was willing to teach me and help me get it set up , this took a full season , if he was here , he could of tuned it faster , but i would not know how too tune it or know how the ECU works , so it was a good learning for me , we never hurt the motor and I THINK THE SLED RIPES.
Even Jim said he does not see or has to deal with the rapid changing condition that we see in the mountain and getting a tune to work that will deal with these condition changes is not easy, but i think i am close and the good thing in learning how to do it myself is i am the only one that has the tune , it costed me 4 years of riding and a lot of money.
If i was doing it again and the boost-it system was on the market back then , i think i know what i would have been doing "RIDING" But it was not on the market then and i was sick and tired of dealing with the sh!t fuel boxes that the turbo kit builders were selling with there kit , did not make sence to spend 1000 of $$ on your engine just to run a fuel box that should not be on my lawn mower.
I will not be buying another turbo kit until the turbo kit builder has a system build , tuned and tested on his dime , ready to sell , i do think that the standalone ECU is the future of turbo sleds , but for now i will injoy driving MINE .:rockon:

with all respect, Jim from OSP is not in the same league as Sebastien, not even close and cannot instinctively understand what is going on in the mountain, but we do know now what is going on....we have modified the fuel equation on the latest firmware so the barometric reading is now read every single rpm so at 8000rpm we read 8000 the baro and adjust fueling accordingly. send me your latest map and your latest datalog files by email (gino.fortin@gmail.com) and we will fix it for you and for free. we have now a lot of experience in the mountain(not too much driving experience but lot of tuning experience!!!)....i still suck as a mountain snowmobiler.
finaly, about big stuff 3, it is simply another standalone in the market and there is 0 function this ecu is doing that we aren't, and you have to be stupid to go pay 3 times more expensive when the expertise is now at your finger tip......

H

hotmail

Sep 30, 2011
NORWAY

hi does it idle ok and what about starting in cold temperatutes.can i get your phonenumber Thanks from norway

Last edited:
Premium Features