• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FYI with SPOT connect!!

Sled208

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2010
I learned the hard way that if you ever make a change to your predefined messages or your contact list YOU MUST manually sync the spot messenger. If you do not, you will be sending the wrong message to the wrong person and have no clue whatsoever!!!!

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Yep, had the same issue this year. Abby sent an emergency message by accident... had all sorts of people freaking out.

any time you change ANYTHING on the computer, make sure you sync right after doing it so you don't forget.

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
I have read a bunch of mixed reviews on the connect, do you guys think it's worth it and useful? Or would it be better to get an older model?

Oops wrong section...

Last edited:

MillermanSD

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Aberdeen SD
Don't get it....old model is simple and works. Connect is a pile. The bluetooth rarely connects without turning your ipod and connect completely off 1 or 2 times. You have to manually tell it to log every morning, witch means pairing issues again. And o by the way, when you want to send a message....pairing issues again. It is a complete waste of riding time!!!

My opinion for what it's worth.:wine::wine:

Premium Features